Saturday, May 3, 2014

Just Us Girls #239 - Sketch Challenge

Hi everyone!  My good friend Cheryl has created a great sketch for our Just Us Girls sketch challenge.
 

I knew as soon as I looked at the sketch that PTI's new Botanical Blocks set was going to work perfectly.  I just love sunflowers (see my blog design?) and fell in love with this sunflower.  I love how Nichole Heady colored hers when she revealed it, so I used the same copic colors she used. ( My BG72 copic marker ran out of ink before I could finish blending the colors!)  The horizontal piece was cut from a new die I purchased at JoAnn's.  It's from a new Spellbinder's line.  I added the sentiment and enamel dots to finish it off.
 
We have a new guest for this month.  Please welcome Barbara Campbell.  Stop by the DT blogs for more inspiration.
 

 
I'm also entering this in Crazy 4 Challenges.  Their challenge is called April showers bring May flowers and you have to use a flower on your card.

Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Botanical Blocks (PTI)
Paper:  Neenah white, early espresso, X-Press It blending paper, Ambrosia (Basic Grey)
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, chocolate chip, copic markers
Accessories:  Spellbinders long die set, enamel dots, Wink of Stella shimmer brush, dimensionals 
 

Photobucket

14 comments:

sandie said...

Stunning colouring Lisa and love the embossed strip, have a fun weekend x

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness...your coloring is amazing Lisa! Love, love, love this.

sue t. said...

Your coloring is amazing! I have been coveting that stamp from PTI myself. Looking at your card- it might be in my basket soon!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Gorgeous card! I love sunflowers too! They are so happy. You colored this one beautifully!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a stunning sunflower! Fabulous coloring~

Marisa said...

Fabulous sunflower! Can't wait to see some around the neighbourhood in a few months time!

Gerrina said...

The sunflower and colours are so beautiful! Great that you put the sentiment above the piece! Looks stunning! Hugs, Gerrina

Barbara said...

Lisa, I love the style of your card. It is marvelous and your coloring in too stunning. Thanks for the welcome as guest designer this month.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Awesome design! Your sunflower is colored beautifully. Love the added enamel dots, the perfect finishing touch.

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so pretty! Great job coloring that beautiful sunflower!

Cheryl said...

This is the perfect panel for the sketch, Lisa! Love how you've colored it and the chocolaty brown embossed strip! Great card!

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Gorgeous! Just love the old-fashioned botanical feel and such wonderful colouring :)

Maria said...

Beautiful sunflower! LOVE what you did! Nice job with the sketch!

Robin K. said...

Stunning coloring on the sunflower Lisa!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin