Saturday, May 31, 2014

Just Us Girls #243 - Wild Card {Shaving Cream Technique}

Hi everyone!  It's Wild Card week over at Just Us Girls, which means the hostess gets to choose any type of challenge she chooses.  Sharyn is the hostess this week and she's chosen an oldie but a goodie...the shaving cream technique.  I have to admit that I've never done this technique before, and I groaned when I saw it.  I thought it was going to be a pain to do!  But I found it was a really cool technique and I loved the results!
 
I used two reinker colors in Tangerine Tango and Marigold Morning.  I love orange, so it was easy to choose the tangerine!  I just received this butterfly die set from Lil' Inkers, so after I did the shaving cream technique, I die cut the butterflies from the resulting paper.  I also added a little strip of the paper on the side of the white panel.  I love that stitched trail line of the butterfly too.  It's a separate die, so you could use it for anything that flies (I'm thinking bees!).  I added bling to the butterflies and the sentiment.


We are saying a fond farewell to our May Guest Designer, Barbara Campbell this week.  She's been a fabulous guest! 
 
Stop by these blogs to see what the design team did with this technique!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!  I'm off to the Santana/Rod Stewart concert tonight and my cabin tomorrow.  The weather is supposed to be in the 80s!  Finally!  Enjoy your weekend!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Tag You're It (MFT)
Paper:  Neenah white, tangerine tango
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, tangerine tango and marigold morning reinkers
Accessories:  Stitched butterfly dies (Lil' Inkers), bling, shaving cream


Photobucket

11 comments:

Marisa said...

Loving those butterflies!! Great take on the challenge. I was so close to die cutting something myself as I made a few extras for future use.

Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn said...

Gorgeous Lisa. I love the bold butterflies...such a cool technique.

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is stunning! I love the bright color combo and those butterfly dies are definitely going on my wish list! They really pop on the white background. Beautifully done!

Gerrina said...

It is a great techniqoe and in this colours a stunning card! Have a fun weekend, Gerrina

Nancy said...

Love that you took your paper and created something else! What a great card...Love that stitch trail!!! Enjoy your weekend...sounds like fun!

Vicki Dutcher said...

In your face fabulous! Love the depth of color you achieved!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love the yellow and orange you used! The die cut butterflies with the added bling and strip are gorgeous. That stitched trail is super cool.

sandie said...

Stunning Lisa, the swirl effect looks great and the orange just pops x

Nonni said...

Beautiful marble look. I need to buy some shaving cream! :)

Barbara said...

This is a delightful card and I must remember that I technique does not have to be the BG. Your card is such a good example of that. Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin