Monday, May 5, 2014

Online Card Classes - Watercoloring

Hi everyone!  Today is day 1 of the Online Card Classes Watercolor for Card Makers
 There were three different watercolor techniques presented today, and I chose to do one that Kristina Werner taught.  I used a retired background stamp from SU called Hand Stitched, some white embossing powder, and water color paints to create this strip.  It started out as a full panel, however I wanted to follow the Clean & Simple sketch, so I cut it in half.
 
Here's the sketch.
 
I'm also entering this into the Catered Crop button challenge.
Catered Crop Recipe Swap Button
 
Sorry for the short post, but I didn't want to give too many details since this is a class that's paid for.  Also, it's kind of late and I need some sleep!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Hand Stitched (SU), Take Flight (Clearly Besotted)
Paper:  Tim Holtz watercolor paper, Neenah white, calypso coral
Ink:  Versamark, watercolor paints
Accessories:  Button, floss, white embossing powder, enamel dots, sequins, dimensionals


Photobucket

9 comments:

chera said...

such an awesome card! LOVE that you incorporated the clean and simple sketch with the online card class!!! just beautiful!

joyceglee said...

Great job with your background stamp. Love the colors you chose.

Gerrina said...

Love the watercolours and the great card you made with it! Think the ideas presented in the classes will be great to come up with new ideas to put in your beautiful style! Hugs, Gerrina

sandie said...

wow Lisa, it is fabulous. I would have loved to have done this class! But I will look forward to viewing your cards!

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Very pretty - just love that effect you've created and the cut strip looks great on your card :)

Sharon Underwood said...

I really like your card! The colors work well together.

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous, Lisa! I'm so excited about this class and only had time to watch one video yesterday and no time to try any techniques. This gives me something to look forward to.

Robin K. said...

Pretty result!

Kim S said...

Beautiful watercoloring - amazing depth and dimension. I'm glad you added a button - thanks for playing along at Catered Crop Button Up challenge.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin