Thursday, May 22, 2014

Time Out Challenge #6 - Home Sweet Home

Hi everyone!  The next Time Out challenge for the next two weeks is our Home Sweet Home challenge where we provide a homey picture for you to use as inspiration.  This picture is sort of Moroccan in feel.  This outdoor room looks so comfy!

I chose the colors as the inspiration for my card today.  I saw kraft, a light and dark rose, dark yellow, and turquoise.  This is what I came up with.  I pulled out this dahlia flower set that is a three-step stamping process.  I found some old SU papers in kraft and I loved the white polka dots! I added a few more enamel dots than I usually do...love them too!

The other inspiration for my card was this sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.
You can see more inspiration from the Time Out team and Christine, our guest for this challenge.
Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps:  Delightful Dahlia Additions (PTI), Oh Happy Day (Avery Elle)
Paper:  Neenah white, kraft, SU dp
Ink:  Butter bar (Hero Arts), melon mambo and tempting turquoise (SU), sweet plum (Memento Luxe)
Accessories:  Delightful Dahlia dies (PRI), enamel dots, star dust stickles, dimensionals



Photobucket

6 comments:

Nonni said...

Such a happy card! I love these colors and especially the joyful enamel dots! So girly and pretty. xxx

Gerrina said...

Great to see that you've used the brown aswell! Hugs, Gerrina

sandie said...

the colours are fab on this picture-I so missed the kraft! That paper is just fab and works so well with that great bloom! I too love enamel dots and these are placed just perfectly x

Beverley said...

Simply beautiful! Love how you've interpreted the inspiration :) Hugs Bev x

Rema DeLeeuw said...

lovely choice of colors...

Anita in France said...

What a gorgeous bloom, Lisa ... love how you've scattered the enamel dots ... a perfect way to mimic the scatter cushions in the photo! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a lovely comment ... it's so appreciated! Anita :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin