Saturday, May 24, 2014

Just Us Girls #242 - Photo Inspiration Challenge

Hi friends!  There's a new Photo Inspiration challenge over on the Just Us Girls blog.  Vicki chose the photo this time and I just love it!

Here's a closer look at the photo.  So much inspiration!
 
This is what I came up with.  I of course could not ignore the black and white stripes.  I like how the stripes were offset, so I set out to recreate that.  I found this piece of paper with black and white diagonal stripes.  I cut a two inch strip then cut it in half and laid it down on another two inch strip of thin white cardstock.  I offset the stripes before adhering it to the cardstock.  Then I saw a card on the Case Study challenge blog that used PTI's button dies.  I had been wanting to use them, so I pulled them out and cut several from pink, green, blue, and yellow cardstock. (I took these colors from the flowers and two vases in the photo.)   I was worried that the colors might look too baby-ish, but I think the black made it more sophisticated.  I layered some buttons and put the bigger ones up on dimensionals.  I added some Wink of Stella shimmer on some of the buttons and then filled in the bare spots with enamel dots.  I kept the sentiment simple.


You can see the card I took my inspiration from here on the Case Study Challenge blog.


Stop by the JUGs DT blogs to see what amazing cards they created!
 
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Strictly Sentiments (WPlus9)
Paper:  Neenah white, pink pirouette, pear pizzazz, barely banana, soft sky
Ink:  Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Button Stacks, Button Stacks II, Bitty Button Stacks dies (PTI), Wink of Stella shimmer, enamel dots, dimensionals


Photobucket

19 comments:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Lisa, this is so cool! Love the soft colored buttons against the black and white offset stripes. Beautiful, graphic design!

Lynn said...

Wow Lisa! You've combined all these elements perfectly. What a wonderful take on the CASE study card and the inspiration photo. You knocked this card out of the park!

Alanna said...

This is gorgeous Lisa.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome random flowers with the bg stripes! Fabulous inspired card~

Marisa said...

This is great!! Love the stripes in the BG and the wonderful mix of flowers over them.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! I love the offset background. Lots of great color with those pretty flowers too!

Becky said...

What a fabulous card Lisa. Beautiful design and colors. I also wanted you to know I have emailed you :) hope you get it.

Gerrina said...

A card with so much lovely things to see on it! Great colours! Enjoy your sunday, Gerrina

sandie said...

this rocks Lisa! I love this photo and so fab you picked up on the off set stripes.I just saw stripes until I read your post. And you card really has shown this perfectly and a great CASE!

sandie said...

this rocks Lisa! I love this photo and so fab you picked up on the off set stripes.I just saw stripes until I read your post. And you card really has shown this perfectly and a great CASE!

Barbara said...

Lisa, I really like the different look of how this photo inspired you. I also wanted to thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. Much appreciated.

Betty Wright said...

This is fantastic, Lisa! I really think I need the button dies. Great card!

Nancy said...

The buttons and flowers against the black and white looks great Lisa! Such a happy card sure to brighten anyone's day! Have a wonderful long weekend!

anja curvers said...

Great how you combined the challenges nice card. Glad you joined us over CASE study challenge.

Jess said...

Such a fun card!

Gayatri said...

Very pretty card. Great take on Wida's card. Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study Challenge!

Unknown said...

So pretty! I love all the visual movement in the design!

sue t. said...

Your offset stripes are awesome- i tied to do them on my card and I couldn't get them to work. I love your card!

Wida said...

its like you cased both the cards for this week! thank you so much for playing and being a CASE study overachiever!! love it

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin