Thursday, May 8, 2014

Time Out Challenge #5 - Inspired By Words

Hi everyone!  I cannot believe we are in our 5th challenge over at the Time Out blog!  We've got a good one for you this week.  You are to create a project inspired by the following words:
 
"Time flies, Love lasts"
 
Aren't these great words to live by?  Time certainly does fly, but hopefully love stays constant.
 
Here's my interpretation of these words.  Just this weekend, I went to my LSS and purchased this stamp set and coordinating dies from MFT.  As I was looking at them, I thought it would fit with this challenge.  I was thinking of my good friend in Columbus, OH that I haven't seen in a few years and how we keep saying we are going to get together soon.  We remain good friends, but time sure has flown since we've seen each other.  We have to rectify that real soon!  I added the hearts on the phone and impressed them on the black panel to get the "love" in there.
 
I also used the sketch from Retro Sketches.
 
You can see more inspiration from the team at these blogs, as well as from our guest designer for this challenge, Karen.
 
 
You have two weeks to play with this challenge.  We hope to see you playing along!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Friend request (MFT)
Paper:  Neenah white, black, marina mist, real red, Bitty Dot dp (PTI)
Ink:  Versafine black onyx
Accessories:  Smart phone die (MFT), Sizzix heart embossing folder, glossy accents, Wink of Stella shimmer brush, dimensionals
 

Photobucket

9 comments:

sandie said...

I love your take on our words Lisa. And great idea to use a phone x

Lynn said...

Isn't that true about good friends? you can pick up the phone and it is like you just left each other in person. Love your fun card Lisa.

Gerrina said...

So good to read that even though you don't see eachother, a sentince like this one lets you think on a good frend... Great stamps and die and love your colours! x

Beverley said...

Love how you were inspired by the words and the classic colour combo you've used. Hugs Bev x

Karen M said...

Beautiful card lisa - I just adore all the little hearts:) Thanks for having me along on the time out blog this week - hugs xx

Shona Chambers said...

Fantastic card! So modern and love the colour combo. Brilliant!!

Anonymous said...

Cute card, Lisa! I have good friend in Ohio as well-near Findlay and Toledo.
Cards-the next best thing to being there! (Or is that talking on the phone!?)

Nonni said...

How fun is this!! So cool. Your friend will love this. The color combo is great as well. xxx

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Very cool interpretation of the theme! Eye catching card :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin