Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Baby, Baby, Baby

Hi friends!  I needed a baby girl card for a friend who is expecting right before Christmas.  I wanted to do some copic coloring, but that wasn't working for me last night.  Next choice was watercoloring a background.  I first embossed this gingham background stamp with white embossing powder on watercolor paper, then used some distress ink and watercolored over it.  I settled on just die cuts for the rest of the card.  It was getting late and I was running out of ideas! Each one is stacked with three layers of cardstock and shimmered with a spectrum noir pen.  The bow was done in the same manner.  I added sequins (of course!) and rounded the corners.
 
I should be making more Christmas cards!  I need quite a few and only have about five!  One will be posted on Thursday for the Time Out challenge.  Hope to see you then!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Gingham background (MFT)
Paper:  Recollections white, watercolor paper
Ink:  Versamark, picked raspberry distress ink
Accessories:  Wonderful Words: Baby die (PTI), Basic Bow Embossing die (TE), spectrum noir crystal clear pen, sequins, fun foam


Photobucket

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Love the sweet little gingham background! I'm impressed that your crafting at night. With Christmas break a couple of weeks away...I'm sure work is crazy busy for you at school!

Danni said...

What a great card! the gingham is a nice touch!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin