Saturday, December 3, 2016

Just Us Girls #372 - Word Week

It's Word Week over at Just Us Girls and Nancy chose an appropriate one for this time of year...Christmas Tree.
 
An easy one, but the tough thing was which Christmas tree do I use from my stamp and die collection?  THAT was a tough one!  I settled on this tree die from Paper Smooches.  I die cut it from white glitter paper.  I also wanted to make a tag to play along in the Tag You're It challenge.  I used a piece of Distress Specialty Stamping paper and sponged Twisted Citron and Peacock Feathers on it.  Then I spritzed it with water.  I love how it looks like snow falling or even lights glimmering.  I stitched the parts of the tag together with twine and added the sentiment.  I tied it off with satin ribbon and more twine.
 
Here's the link to the Tag You're It challenge.
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Tiny Tag Sayings (Lawn Fawn)
Paper:  Distress Specialty Stamping paper, white cardstock, white glitter paper
Ink:  Twisted citron, peacock feathers, Archival jet black ink
Accessories:  Evergreens die (Paper Smooches), Stitched Tag die (PTI), twine, ribbon


Photobucket

11 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun gift card holder - great hand stitching too

Bobby said...

Your inking is wonderful, Lisa. What a great idea to turn a tag into a gift card holder.

paperkicks said...

I think you captured the inspiration tag beautifully! Love the secret pocket...gorgeous!

Nancy said...

You nailed the challenge over at Tag You're it! Super job Lisa! Love those bright neon colors too!

Ina G said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love the soft colours and that little tree is so cool.

Cheryl said...

Love your tag gift card holder, Lisa!! Graet inky colors and sparkle!
(I've been trying to get this tag from PTI!!)

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so cute and the perfect way to give a gift card! I love the blending of the colors on the background and the way you threaded the stitched edges.

Loll said...

Your tag is so sweet Lisa. Love the design ... perfect little package to include a gift card. The twine stitching is so adorable! Thanks for CASEing my tag at Tag You're It!

Judy Woodland said...

What an adorable tag. I adore that tree die, so unique. And I'm with you, I love how distress ink responds to water splatter. Always a fun look, never the same thing twice.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

One of the tags that I've looked at and not bought! Many thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

Kara Lynne said...

This is such a gorgeous tag! I love the aqua and lime blend, and what a great pocket for a gift card! Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Tag, You're It!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin