Saturday, December 10, 2016

Just Us Girls #373 - Trend Week

Hey everyone!  How are you all doing with your Christmas shopping, decorating, and card making?  I'm almost done shopping, decorating is happening this weekend (we got our tree yesterday), but I'm far behind on my Christmas card making!  But I've got one today for the Just Us Girls Trend challenge.  The trend this week is JARS
 
Of course I had to pull out the Friendship Jar stamps and dies.  I die cut the jar to make a shaker card.  I stamped the peppermint candies (I stamped them in red, but didn't color them in) and added some glitter for the shaker bits.  The word die was die cut three times and stacked.  I added that bow at the last minute...it needed something to spiff it up a bit!  I spritzed the entire card with Shimmer Spritz...it really sparkles!   Sequins, of course!
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our December guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Friendship Jar, Friendship Jar Fillers Holiday, City Scene Christmas Sentiments (all PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, garden green, real red, North Pole (Doodlebug)
Ink:  Garden green, real red
Accessories:  Friendship Jar die, Christmas Cheer die (PTI), Basic Bow die (TE), glitter, acetate, Shimmer Spritz, sequins, dimensional tape

Photobucket

6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun card - love the holiday cut

Bobby said...

I never thought of stamping the candy AND making it a shaker, Lisa. Your card is so much fun.

Chris Dring said...

What a wonderful card! LOVE that holiday die, and when you enlarge the picture, you can really see the shimmer! Well done!

Ina G said...

Gorgeous card in traditional Christmas colours.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I LOVE this! Your jar full of candy paired with the glitter and tied with the bow is adorable. Love the die cut sentiment font, reminds me of some vintage signs. Great design too, love those polka dots.

Nancy said...

Sorry I am so late popping in! Super shaker card Lisa! Merry Christmas!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin