Thursday, December 29, 2016

Time Out #73 Reminder - Inspired by Words Challenge

Hi everyone! 
I'm here with a reminder for our current Time Out challenge.  This time it's our Inspired by Words challenge.  The quote for the challenge is
With each sunrise we are given a chance for a new beginning.
 
This quote reminded me of a picture I took last year at church on Christmas day.  It was a new banner hanging beside the altar and I knew I could translate it into a card.
 
Which is just what I did!  I think it turned out pretty much as I envisioned.  I started by using masking tape and sponged Wild Honey distress inks onto the white card panel.  I also sponged the same ink onto some white cardstock that I die cut with some rolling hills dies.  I stamped the manger in chocolate ink and die cut the silhouettes in chocolate cardstock.  They were all attached to the white cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment and star and added a crystal to the center of the star. 
 
You can see more from the design team and our guest on the Time Out blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Nativity Silhouettes (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, chocolate chip
Ink:  Wild honey, chocolate chip
Accessories:  Nativity Silhouettes dies (PTI), Build a Scene Rolling Hills dies (TE), crystal

Photobucket

8 comments:

sandie said...

I loved how you were inspired and I must remember to take photos when I see something that I know I can make into a card. Your masking and sponging is perfect and I had forgotten how great yellow and brown work xx

Lynn said...

I love how you were inspired Lisa. your design is absolute perfection.

Nonni said...

Wow Lisa, great job! I love the way you were inspired by something you saw and made it your own. Great design, I especially love the sun rays!

Anita in France said...

What a lovely Christmas banner, Lisa ... translated so beautifully into your wonderful card ... its just fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Gerrina said...

Your card looks so moden, even if the image is so beautifully native; a great way to combine these! Happy New Year and hugs, Gerrina

Jill V said...

I love how you were inspired by the quote and the banner in your church (BTW - great idea to take a picture for future reference - that is a great tip!). Your inspiration came to life beautifully - everything about the card is perfect! Happy New Year! Jill

Jenny Colacicco said...

WOW! THat looks just like the original inspiration - so impressive. And what a great idea, perfectly executed. Jenny x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I realized that I forgot to comment on the reminder posts last challenge. This is such a wonderful creation. What a great job you did creating this beautiful Nativity scene from the inspiration piece from your church. That makes it all the more special. Hope you had a Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to you and yours.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin