Saturday, December 17, 2016

Just Us Girls #374 - Color Week

Hi everyone!  I'm the hostess for this week's Color Week Challenge over at Just Us Girls.  I saw these colors on a colleague's dress and thought it was very interesting. 
 
I've been wanting to use these mittens from My Favorite Things.  I don't see them on there site, so I'm assuming they are discontinued.  Funny that they are discontinued and this is the first time I'm using them!  My motto:  Too many stamps/dies, not enough time!
 
Anyway, I die cut them from white cardstock and stamped them in the navy and orchid inks.  I love them!  They are so cute, and I can see stamping them in a bunch of different colors, can't you?  The background was stamped using the Sweater Stitch background stamp.  I added some gold hearts to the mittens that the gold "string" is attached to.  Added the sentiment and I was done.  (I wish the card came together as easy as it was to write this up!)
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our guest, Teresa, on the JUGs blog.  This is Teresa's last week with us.  We loved her creations!
 
As a note, the JUGs blog is taking a much needed break for the holidays.  We will be back with new challenges on Saturday, January 7, 2017.
 
Happy Holidays!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Cozy Mittens and Sweater Stitch BG (MFT), Quilted: Winter (PTI)
Paper:  Recollection white, night of navy
Ink:  Lavender lace (SU), Desert night (Altenew), Delicata gold
Accessories:  Audrey Cutaways (Winnie & Walter), Banner Trio (WP9), gold metal hearts, fun foam

Photobucket

6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Cute use of the colors - total fun mittens

Judy Woodland said...

I could adopt that motto as well. And why do I keep getting more and more stuff??? These mittens are so stinkin' cute, and I also love your background. Super sweet little card!!!

Lynn said...

Ahh..the mix/match of patterns on the mittens are adorable. I can see why you love them!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Those mittens are so adorable and I love that background, too! Great choice of colors for our challenge this week!

Nancy said...

This card is so cute! Your mittens came out fabulous..isn't it funny how it takes us so long to use our new items? I have a feeling you will be using them more and more! Merry Christmas to you and yours Lisa!

Ina G said...

What a perfect background for those cute muffins. Love the colours you chose Lisa. Your card is so so lovely.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin