Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Thank You cards!

Hi friends!
 
I had to make a few thank you cards for gifts I received this Christmas.  I saw this post on the Taylored Expressions blog and thought these cards were so colorful and beautiful.  However, I wanted something with snowflakes.  So I searched my stencils and cover plates and found one of each I could use.  Here's the first card I made.
 I used a very intricate stencil on this card.  I had to pounce the ink onto the cardstock for fear of breaking the delicate parts of the stencil. I wanted to use white snowflakes, but they sort of got lost on the panel.  So I used colored cardstock to match some of the inks.

Here's the next card.  I thought I was going to lose my mind on this one!  I die cut this cover plate with masking paper.  OMGosh trying to get all those little pieces out was tedious to say the least!  I had pieces stuck to my fingers, clothes, the floor...all over everything!  And the mask could only be used once, so there is only one of these!  I used the same colors, however I didn't have to pounce the ink over the mask.  I could sponge it on.  The colors are a bit more intense.  There is shimmer spritz on the snowflakes too.
 
These took much longer than I anticipated because of the intricacies of the stencil and die, but I enjoyed the time making them.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Hand lettered thanks, Fanciful feathers (WP9)
Paper:  Recollections white, calypso coral. crushed curry, bermuda bay
Ink:  Salty ocean, cracked pistachio, fossilized amber, abandoned coral, Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Let it snowflake dies (MFT), Snowflake fusion cover up (MFT), Winter snowflake stencil (Memory Box), shimmer spritz, masking paper, corner rounder

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! These are stunning Lisa. Love all the fabulous color.

Marisa said...

LOVE the colour combo!! Such a fabulous mix of colours and snowflakes :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin