Friday, April 18, 2008

A Bridal Shower Gift

I'm going to a bridal shower tomorrow for a friend from work, Maria. She is the Social Worker at our school and a really nice girl. I wanted to get something special for her and not something from her gift registry. I like to buy picnic baskets for new couples because that is one thing they don't think to get for themselves. I purchased this one at Bed, Bath and Beyond today. It was the last one on the shelf and was perfect! It came with a setting of four plastic plates, cups, and utensils. I added a vinyl tablecloth in a basket weave pattern, paper napkins, a citronella candle that matches the basket, two plastic wine glasses, and a bottle of wine! Something this big is difficult to wrap, so I put the card inside and wanted to put a tag on the outside. This is what I came up with for the tag:

This is a stamp from a retired SU set called Simply Summer. I've always liked this set and thought it was the perfect one to use for this gift. I used my copic markers to color the image and added Crystal stickles to the ice cubes. The "for you" is from All Holidays. It was mounted on Brocade Blue cardstock and I used the two largest scallop rectangles from the large scallop Nestabilities set. I used some black hemp to tie it to the handle. This is the card I put inside:

I did this for an inspiration challenge on SCS a while ago. The paper on the bottom was inspired by baskets in the inspiration piece, so I thought it went with the basket theme. You can see the details of this card on my SCS gallery. I hope she likes the gift and puts it to good use! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great idea- I'm sure they'll enjoy it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin