Here is the card front I did for the SU only card front swap. I'm really happy with it. I got my inspiration from the latest Take Ten magazine that I was browsing through in AC Moore. I thought this would be an easy card to reproduce 26 times, but I wasn't thinking about punching all those squares (104 white, 52 green, and 52 red)! Yes, what was I thinking? Well, I'm happy with it and also happy it's done! I used the Tart and Tangy SU set from the Occasions Mini catalog along with the Summer Picnic paper. The sentiment is from a retired SU set called Simply Summer. I also used the Swiss Dots cuttlebug folder, certainly celery grosgrain ribbon, black brads, certainly celery, black, real red, and whisper white paper. The smallest Marvy scallop punch was used on the white squares and SU's 1 3/8 square punch was used for the green and red squares.
This next card was done for a shoebox project. We had to prepare this project for 10 other stampers. I chose to do this card, which is similar to the one that I did here for a Ways to Use It challenge. We were to use fashion as our inspiration in that challenge. Well I LOVE shoes, so I chose this stamp from My Sentiments Exactly. and I love the pink and gray together! I used basic gray, pretty in pink, and vanilla cardstock. Charbon dp (retired) was a perfect match (I had just enough to do this project, whew!). I used SU's scallop and circle punches and A Beautiful Thing set. I stamped the image in pink first, then overstamped in basic gray. I added some bling in the middle. A cuttlebug folder was used on the middle pink panel. Oh, and I used the basic gray taffeta ribbon which was tied through the hole punched with the slot punch.
Next was the 3-D swap. I had something else in mind, but changed it to these coasters.
I got these 4" x 4" tumbled marble tiles at Lowe's. They came in a box of 9 for about $5.00. The stamp is from Stampa Rosa and is one complete stamp (not 3 different ones!). I've had it forever, and when I measured it to the tiles, it was perfect! I stamped it in black Stazon and colored it with my chalks. Very easy to do! They were NOT time intensive! I then baked them at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. I don't know if you HAVE to do this, but they say it sets the ink, however, it did not set the chalk. I then sprayed it about 3 times with a matte finish sealer. I used a roll of cork cut into 3.5" squares on the back with some adhesive. (I ran out of Mono Adhesive, so I used E-6000 and it smells SO BAD! I have the coasters airing out in the garage right now! I hope it wears off before tomorrow! Needless to say, I threw that adhesive in the trash!) I tied four coasters together with some tulle netting and attached a "For You" tag with my name and info on the back.
This is the last one, I promise! There is going to be a door prize swap. We were to buy/make something related to stamping and had to wrap it. I won't tell you what's in the box until after the event, but I wrapped it in a paper mache box that I covered with pink patterned paper (don't know who makes it) and some black and white ribbon. I think it came out really cute! Well, I'll have more to report either on Sunday or Monday about this event. I'll also post the wedding invitations I'm making. They really are very pretty, if I do say so myself! Thanks for stopping by!