Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Enjoy the Moment


This is for today's color challenge, basic gray, groovy guava, and blush blossom. I love anything with this basic gray. If you don't have it, you need it! It's a great neutral and pairs up with pretty much any color. This is not one of my favorite cards, but I think it will do. The picture is very dark. The card is much lighter IRL. When I had my photoshop automatically fix the colors, it came out way too bright, so I left it alone. (Edited: I added stickles to the flower centers and butterflies and re-took the picture. It's still a little too dark, but better than the first one!) The layout is from Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #33. I love sketch challenges! The layout of a card is really half the battle when I make a card. There are many sketch challenges out there in blogland that the girls are hosting, so surf around the blogs I have listed on the left sidebar of my blog and join in!
This card is a 5 1/4" square. The base is basic gray and I layered groovy guava and blush blossom next. The blush looked too pale when I started to put it together, so I stamped the open circles from PTI's Polka Dot Basics in blush ink. It just gave it that extra texture. The flower was colored with using the guava and my blender pen (the In Colors don't come in markers...bummer). The centers were done the same way with the gray. I snuck in some garden green because I didn't want my stems and leaves in gray. I used my large rectangle nestibilities and also embossed the frame around it (I don't know if it shows up in the picture very well). I then sponged the gray around the edges to give it more definition. I chose a circle theme for this card. The dp is Groovy Guava designer prints and Charbon (retired). I added the taffeta gray ribbon, per the sketch. The sentiment is PTI's Mixed Messages in gray. It just filled in that blank spot nicely. My girlfriend is turning 50 on Sunday, and this may be the card I send to her. Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps: SU: Live Your Dream; PTI: Polka Dot Basics, Mixed Messages
Paper: Basic gray, groovy guava, blush blossom, very vanilla, Charbon and Groovy Guava designer paper
Ink: Basic gray, groovy guava, garden green marker
Accessories: Basic gray taffeta ribbon, blender pen, slot punch, dauber, dimensionals, Crystal stickles


7 comments:

Misty said...

Beautiful card. TFS!
Misty

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just gorgeous. Love how you did the ribbon. Thanks for playing! :)

Anonymous said...

This is very pretty, Lisa!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Such a beautiful cards and I love the colour combination. Nikki x

Me, My Stamps and I said...

this is gorgeous card !!!!!and love the polka dots. I love this set.tfs:)
chat

Jenn said...

You did a great job with this combo, Lisa!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is so pretty...the colours work wonderfully on your card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin