Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wedding Invitation

Hi! Well, here are the wedding invitations that I made for my nephew's wedding. Making something so formal was a first for me! I used SU's Shimmery White, and I think the picture picks up on the shimmer. The girls are wearing red and the guys black, so that's where the color scheme originated. I was inspired by this card.














The shimmery white was backed with real red and black cardstock, and I used the Baroque Motifs stamp in real red. I stamped the back flap of the envelope with a stamp from PTI's Sweet Love set. The envelopes looked really plain, and this dressed them up! I topped the invitation off with a satin red bow. (If you are looking to purchase envelopes for this purpose, I purchased them at LCI Paper Company. I found them to be very affordable and I received them quickly.)

A little while back, MJ Albright had done invitations for someone and packaged them really nicely. You can see that post here. I did the same. I bought the box at AC Moore, used the red satin ribbon to tie up the envelopes, reception cards, and RSVP cards so they wouldn't slide around in the box. I took two pieces of retired SU's swirly vellum to protect the invitations. Here are the pictures.




Tanya is coming to pick them up tomorrow. She's seen the final product, but doesn't know I packaged them like this. This is part of their wedding gift, so I hope she is surprised! Thanks for stopping by!


Recipe

Stamps: Baroque Motifs, PTI Sweet Love

Paper: Shimmery White, black, real red

Ink: Real red

Accessories: red satin ribbon, glue dots, stamp-a-ma-jig


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job. They look awesome.

Anonymous said...

They're lovely, Lisa!

Amy said...

I was looking for some gorgeous and affordable wedding invitations for my sister's wedding. My search yielded nothing and I was feeling really tense, when my friend told me about this site called Invitation Box http://www.invitationbox.com/wedding.html. I found a lot of really cute and gorgeous wedding invites at quite affordable rates. I recommend that you should definitely visit their website and take a look at their catalog. You'll love it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin