Monday, April 14, 2008

Double Pocket Card

Today's SCS challenge was to make a double pocket card. Boy was this fun! The directions can be found here. I got stuck for a minute on the sixth picture, but I finally got it and when that step was figured out, the card just seem to come together magically! It really is easy to do. I suggest you try it!
I started with this Petals and Paisleys double-sided paper (a necessity for this type of card) because I have so much of it and I chose one that I thought was my least favorite. I didn't think I was going to like this card, so I was stingy with my favorite papers! Well, as it turns out, I really like this! I had these Primas that matched and also used the olive felt SU flower. This is the first time using the Hodgpodge Hardware in the Styled Silver, and boy is it shiny! It's so pretty IRL! I stamped the sentiment from Warm Words in olive on softy sky paper. I only made one tag using old olive, cool carribbean, and whisper white because I thought I may put a gift card in the other pocket. The sentiment on the tag is from Hero Arts and reads "Wishing you a day of smiles and laughter". This was a perfect stamp because it is written vertically, one word per line. At the bottom I stamped a butterfy in cool carribbean. Try doing this card, I guarantee you'll be amazed at how easy and fun it is to do! Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps: Hero Arts, SU: Warm Words
Paper: SU Petals & Paisleys, Soft Sky, Cool Carribbean, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive, Cool Carribbean
Accessories: Prima flowers, SU felt flowers, HPH in Styled Silver, ribbon, small round punch, Designer Label punch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin