Sunday, April 13, 2008

I'm Back!

Oh my gosh, does it feel good to be stamping again! I can't believe how crazy it has been...being sick, finishing invitations, completing report cards, blah, blah, blah! I have a whole week off, so I'll be in my stamping room A LOT! I have been in my stamping room all morning putting new SU sets together. (I love the die cut ones! Wow are they easy and fast to put together!) I was also putting all my Papertrey Ink ones together. I think I had 4 or 5 sets that needed to be put into their CD cases! Wow, it has been a long time!
This card is for today's feature stamper, Kharmagirl (Jodi). Check out her amazing gallery! A very talented stamper. This is the card I chose to case. The first changes I made were the colors. I used PTI's Berry Sorbet and Spring Moss. I used the ribbons from that color family as well. I was too lazy to do the eyelets (let's face it, I hate setting eyelets!), so I just used the white signo gel pen instead. The flower was stamped on Berry Sorbet with Versamark and heat embossed with black embossing powder (it's not black paper!). The white "dp" was done with a ruler, a black marker, SU's Mellow Moss marker, and the little flower from Text Boxed. Another change I made was the sentiment. I'm going to send this to our friends, Robi and Patty, in Cleveland, Ohio who we visited last weekend "just because". I have a Willow Tree trinket box to send to Patty because she has a collection of them. The "just because" sentiment is from PTI's limited edition anniversary set that many of us received for free...yes I said free! PTI celebrated their one-year anniversary by sending this limited edition set to anyone who purchased a certain amount of their sets during the year. (Need I say that I purchased most if not all of their sets? I really like them!) This set has a bunch of sayings and some really cool "element" stamps, as SU labeled them in their catalog. Hope you enjoy this card. I may have another card to post a little later. Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps: PTI: Text Boxed and Simple Little Things
Paper: PTI Berry Sorbet and Spring Moss; SU Black and Whisper White
Ink: PTI Berry Sorbet; SU Black and Versamark
Accessories: Slit, small and large oval punches; PTI Berry Sorbet and Spring Moss ribbons; white signo gel pen; black embossing powder; SU Mellow Moss marker; dimensionals

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like an awesome place for a picnic...where is it? Well, I am very much interested to know the place and also I want to share a information with you all about
willow tree

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin