Wednesday, April 16, 2008

More Like Our Parents?

Say it isn't so! Sometimes it's scary how much I think like my parents did when they were my age! You never think you will be like them, but you just turn into them! My girlfriend, Nancy, is turning 50 on Sunday! I just cannot believe my friends are getting to be this age! We still think and act like 25 year-olds (or at the most 30)! Anyway, when I saw this clear stamp set by Inkadinkadoo called Humorous Birthdays at JoAnn's the other day (at 40% on sale, this was only $5.99!), I knew I had to get it! It has about 6 other images that are hilarious! I figured I'd get good use of them!
This is for today's Sketch Challenge at SCS. I really like this sketch. Since this girl looked like something from the 70's, I decided to use this Jersey Shore SU paper. It looked "mod" to me! I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but I paper pieced her outfit! It looks like something I wore way back in the 70's! I used brilliant blue and groovy guava cardstock and the matching groovy guava ribbon. The Build-a-Brads were perfect for this paper. I just used the 1/2" punch to punch one of each color flower. Perfect! I colored her hair a and face with Copic markers. Love those things! I think Nancy is going to get a kick out of this one! Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps: Inkadinkadoo Humorous Birthdays
Paper: Brilliant blue, groovy guava, whisper white, Jersey Shore dp
Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black, copic markers
Accessories: Build-a-brad, 1/2" punch, dimensionals, groovy guava ribbon

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Hahahahaha! This is hysterical! First, it's a great card, great colors, great embellishments, great paper piecing! Second, my siblings and I all have this pact that we have to tell each other as soon as we start acting like our mom, even though we loved her very much!!! But there are just some things you cannot get away from!!! It in your genes!!
LeAnne

Carolyn King said...

Love this--saw it on scs! You did a great job--totally love the stamp and sentiment too!!!

Fun card!

Anonymous said...

ok, I bought this set a couple weeks ago and stamped this girl....AND paper pieced her pants. LOL. But I never finished the cards and yours looks way cuter!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin