Thursday, April 17, 2008

A New Stamping Friend

Yes, I met a new stamping friend...Cheryl Rowley! She lives about an hour from me, and we have a lot in common! We are both elementary teachers, she grew up in the town of Cherry Creek, NY, which is where my husband and I own some land and a cabin, and we got married on the exact same day...April 11, 1992! I told her that maybe we were twins, but alas, we don't look alike! How coincidental is that? We met this morning at Starbucks, talked for a while (mostly about teaching, not stamping), and then went next door to JoAnn's and ACMoore. We bought some Inkadinkadoo clear stamps on sale at JoAnn's for $5.99 (what a steal) and some other goodies. We had a great time! She also gave me this gift! I mentioned that I liked giraffes, so she stamped me some of these images as well as the mouse and balloons. That stamp is a monkey, which is totally cute. Also in the bag were some sentiments that say "I'd stick my neck out for you"! So cool! And check out that box! I think she said that the image is a Whipper Snapper flower that is watercolored (her signature style). Go over to her gallery at SCS here to see her gorgeous cards.


Here is a close up of the box.



We are meeting again next Saturday for an event in Ransomville, NY that Tracy Harp and Holly McMillen (Toy) are hosting. Can't wait for that, but I need more time to do all the stamping I need for that event! Thanks, Cheryl, for the great gift and fun afternoon!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun! I bet you had a great time!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin