Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Right Shoes

I happen to LOVE shoes!! I have many shoe stamps, and when I saw the Ways to Use It challenge (WT153) on SCS today, I knew exactly what I was going to do! Julia titled it "The Height of Fashion", and we were to use fashion as our inspiration. Well, since I love shoes (I don't even want to admit how many I own, but let me tell you it probably goes into triple digits!), I decided to do a shoe theme. I pulled out this stamp from My Sentiments Exactly that I have had for a long time and never inked up (imagine that). This shoe reminded me of a favorite pair of shoes I had almost 20 years ago (I'm giving away my age, aren't I?). They were gray alligator pumps and I used to wear them with a pink and gray dress I had and also a pink and gray skirt that I wore with a gray sweater. So, you can see where the colors for this card came from. It came together very easily once I knew what to do with the empty space left on the vanilla piece after I stamped the shoe. The sentment is another I never inked before. I don't know who makes it, but it's a great sentiment!

This card also qualifies for the WTC152 from last week, Going Dotty. The challenge was to use dots, so I used the dotted patterend paper and the cuttlebug for the dots on the pink panel.

Thanks for looking and let me know what you think!

"Til the next time that we say goodbye, I'll be thinking of you."

Recipe
Stamps: My Sentiments Exactly (shoe), sentiment unknown
Paper: Basic Gray, pretty in pink, very vanilla, charbon dp
Ink: Basic Gray
Accessories: cuttlebug, SU taffeta ribbon, dimensionals, slit punch

1 comment:

craftyb said...

Hi L, love your colour combo - I also love shoes, but i just CAN'T walk in them! I can always admire though! bx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin