Sunday, February 10, 2008

Featured Stamper-Sarah Green


Today's Featured Stamper on SCS is Sarah Green. Her style is very eclectic, in my opinion. She puts together cards in a variety of ways and doesn't stick to just one design style. I chose to case this card for a couple of reasons. First, I just love that stamp from SU's retired hostess stamp, Oh, So Lovely. I had to cut and mount this set today (can you believe I never used it?). Second, I loved the layout. As you may have read before, I have a difficult time with layouts. I thought this was a fabulous one! So, here's where I went with it. I chose SU! retired Recollections dp. I've always loved this dp! I then chose the cardstock: cranberry crisp (retired) and river rock. Next, I started playing with the dp. These seemed to work well together. Each piece was cut to 1 1/8" x 3 1/2" to fit on the cranberry layer just underneath it, which measures 5" x 3 3/4".
The main image was stamped in Adirondack pitch black ink (I was told that this is the best ink to use when using copic markers; I don't know if it's the *best*, but it works very well with no streaking) and the stems were traced over using a mellow moss marker. The flowers were colored with copic marker #R59 and some color was lifted off with the blender marker (this is not the SU! blender pen--it is one specifically used for copic markers). I then used my white signo gel pen to put stamens in the middle of the flower. Next, I inked up the background stamp in mellow moss and stamped it over the flower. *Love You*, from SU's Short and Sweet, was stamped in cranberry crisp. Lastly, I added the green jute and sheer cranberry ribbons. The main image is on dimensionals.
I am giving this to my husband for Valentine's Day. He told me not to give him a card, but how could I not? He has also made some cards for me in the past! I should post them some time. They are quite hilarious!
Congratulations to Sarah! I hope she is basking in all her glory today!

" Til the next time that we say goodbye, I'll be thinking of you."

Recipe
Stamps: Short and Sweet; Oh, So Lovely
Paper: Cranberry Crisp, River Rock, Recollections dp, very vanilla
Ink: Cranberry Crisp, Mellow Moss, Adirondack Pitch Black
Accessories: copic markers, signo white gel pen, ribbon, dimensionals

1 comment:

craftyb said...

Oh L...i LOVE this card! The colours are strong and beautiful! Well done! bx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin