Saturday, February 9, 2008

One of a Kind

This card was created for SCS Inspiration Challenge (IC114). The inspiration was bedding from a company called Soft Surroundings. Here is that gorgeous, soft bed we were given as inspiration:


Doesn't this make you want to jump right into it?
When I looked at that picture, I thought about the stripes around the perimeter of the bed and those great colors. The pattern on the bed also inspired me to find a flower of some sort. I hadn't cut up my One of a Kind from SU! set yet, so I thought what better time to get it mounted.

A problem I usually have is the layout. I rely on a lot of sketch challenges for that. Today, I am using Toy's Friday Sketch Challenge (THSC#3). Once I had that, it was a breeze! I found this striped paper in my stash that I didn't even know I had. I don't know where it's from...probably one of those stacks that I bought at AC Moore or JoAnn's. The colors were perfect for this inspiration. The card is a 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 square. I stamped the image in ruby red and then again in forest foliage and cut the middle flower out and mounted it on the original. I used the build-a-brad and punched a 3/4" circle from the dp for the center. I ran the creamy caramel strip through the cuttlebug using the circles and flowers (I don't know if that's what it's called or not!) folder. The circle images were stamped in ruby red, forest foliage, and caramel on vanilla, punched with the 1" circle and mounted on 1 1/4" circles in the same color. Very easy card. It came together very quickly!

I had my club meeting on Thursday, and everyone loved the cards we did. Some saw my blog and liked that I previewed the cards before the class so they could see them ahead of time! I'm wondering if next time I should only show close-ups of part of the cards to keep them in suspense! Is that mean? Hmmmmm..... Let me know what you think! Leave a comment so I can decide what I should do! Thanks for stopping by!

**Late breaking news** I just received the "Twisted Sentiments" set from My Favortite Things in the mail today. The sentiments are hilarious! Here are a few of my favorites:
  • My other ride is a pole
  • Who are you callin' a hoe?
  • Nice package
  • Size matters

There are a few others, but check out the link to see them!

"Till the next time that we say goodbye, I'll be thinking of you!"

Recipe
Stamps: One of a Kind
Paper: Handsome Hunter, creamy caramel, ruby red, unknown dp
Ink: Forest Foliange, Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Circle punches: 1 1/4", 1", 3/4" ; build-a-brad; cuttlebug and folder

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

This is a beautiful card, love your take on the challenge! The colors are so rich and your work is exquisite! Great job!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin