Sunday, February 24, 2008

Shower Invitations


My nephew is getting married in June and the shower is in April. I offered to do the invitations. Here's the one I'm thinking of for the shower. Nice and very simple!
I used all Papertrey Ink products for this card. The cardstock is theirs (Stamper's Select White cardstock) and is the only white I'll use for the base of a card. I love SU's whisper white, but not for a base because it is too thin. PTI's is very sturdy. The rectangular nestability die and Cuttlebug were used to emboss the scalloped frame. I then stamped the cake in pretty in pink, the flowers in rose red, and the leaves in certainly celery. The sentiment was also stamped in rose red. Once I stamped the sentiment, I turned the paper over and determined (with a small pencil mark) where the sentiment was. Then I used the Scor-pal to *draw* the embossed lines. I gave it a nice finishing touch. I got that idea from Nichole's blog here. I put diamond stickles on the middle of the flowers, and that's it! As they say *easy peasy*! I'm not sure how I'm doing the information on the inside yet. That will probably be computer generated on vellum or maybe pink cardstock. This literally took me 5 minutes to do! I also want to make the Thank You cards for her as a gift! Let's see, 5 minutes times 45 invitations and about 50 thank you cards.....wow! I better get started! Thanks for stopping by and have a great week (I have to go back to teaching after a week-long vacation...bummer, not much time for stamping!)!
Recipe
Stamps: PTI Piece of Cake
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select white
Ink: Pretty in pink, rose red, certainly celery
Accessories: nestability die, diamond stickles, Scor-Pal, Cuttlebug

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin