Friday, February 15, 2008

Three Ring Circus

This card is for SCS Limited Supplies Challenge LSC155 Round and Round We Go. We were only allowed to use round stamps or punches. Even the ribbon had to be round, so I chose the ribbon as my starting point. It has blue and brown dots on it and that's where the color combo came from. I used Cool Caribbean (retired), Close to Cocoa, and Whisper White. On the Cool Caribbean piece, I stamped On the Spot (retired) in cocoa. The flowers are from Big Flowers and I chose this flower because of the dots around it and because it was the most colorful when stamped. It matches the circles in On the Spot. I stamped the flowers in both the blue and cocoa. I think I may have strayed a bit from the challenge, because I used the Three For You punch for the middle of the flower. Oh well, it just looked better. The HPH brads are in the center of each flower. The flowers were punched with the 1 3/8" SU punch and were backed with Creative Memories
1 1/2" punch. They were placed on the card with dimensionals. The ribbon is tied in a knot to also represent a circle.

I staged my card a bit. I've seen others do this and it just makes the card a bit more interesting. Let me know what you think! ~TFL~

Recipe
Stamps: On the Spot, Big Flower
Paper: Cool Caribbean, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White
Ink: Cool Caribbean, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Punches: SU Three for You, 1 3/8" circle, CM 1 1/2" circle, dimensionals, HPH brads, ribbon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin