Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Bloomin' Beautiful!

I have a group of teachers and friends coming for a class on Thursday, and I needed to make one more card. One of the girls asked if we were doing Easter cards. I have two SU Easter sets. One is retired and the other we've already used. So I thought I'd use this new set, since it's going to be available March 1, and turn it into an Easter card (or whatever other type of card they want). I tried several techniques on this image: coloring on whisper white with markers, using watercolor paper, markers, and the blender pen. They just weren't giving me the look I wanted. So I went to the SCS gallery and saw one that used watercolor crayons. I have two sets and only used them once! So I decided to try them. I got the look I was going for and it was very easy (something else I was looking for). The image was stamped in Stazon and the flowers were colored with two shades of pink and the leaves in two shades of green, then they were blended with the blender pen. If I needed more color, I just colored over it and hit it with the blender pen again. I also used the white signo gel pen for the centers of the flowers. The vase was colored with a yellow crayon, then the shading was done with a darker gray crayon and blended. I took a light gray crayon and created a shadow beneath the vase. I also took a light blue crayon and shaded around the image. I knew I wanted to use some pattern paper and the new Cuttlebug folders I just got, but it was late and I was stuck on a layout. Again, I went to SCS gallery (thank goodness for SCS!), and came across this card. I hate to case lately, but I really liked this layout and it had everything I wanted in it. I used a small piece of pink ribbon to tie the bow with the yellow ribbon. It's 11:00 p.m. right now, and I have to say I'm tired but happy with the outcome of this card. Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps: Bloomin' Beautiful, sentiment unknown
Paper: So saffron, certainly celery, regal rose, watercolor, so saffron dp
Ink: Black Stazon
Accessories: Watercolor crayons, blender pen, ribbon, paper piercer, mat pack, cuttlebug and folder, dimensionals, word window punch, white signo gel pen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin