Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Stamp Club Cards

Hello everyone! I'm sorry I have been mia since I just started this blog! I had a busy weekend and was preparing for my stamp club tomorrow! I have created some cards I really enjoy and hope they will, too!

This first card was done to showcase the So Many Scallops Sale-a-bration set and the new Ginger Blossom dp. I combined two previous layouts I'd done before and came up with this one. I really like the way the ribbon is tied. It gives it a much more interesting look. This layout also allowed me to use three different patterns from the dp. This is actually the second card I made. I didn't use the ticket corner punch on the first one, and it just looked like something was missing (to me, at least)! I love the ticket corner punch! It is probably one of my favorites and I couldn't live without it! Many of my stamp club girls have ordered it, as well, and bring it with them all the time because they know how much I use it!

Recipe
Stamps: So Many Scallops
Paper: groovy guava, vvanilla, ruby red, Ginger Blossom dp
Ink: ruby red
Accessories: SU ticket corner, slit, scallop, and boho blossom punches, Marvy punches, ice circle brads, offray ribbon, paper piercing tool, dimensionals


This next card is a blatant case of Petal Pusher's card found here. I was searching the gallery for inspiration on the branch from Embrace Life and came across this card. I had seen Nichole Heady do this on her blog, Capture the Moment. She is the creator of Paper Trey Ink, in case you have been living under a rock! She is an awesome artist and you should check out her blog and purchase some of her acrylic stamp sets! I never thought I would buy acrylic stamps, but they are wonderful! I've been enjoying them a lot!

Anyway, back to this card! I was leary about doing this with my club, because I thought it may be too time-consuming, but it came together very easily. I think they'll be happy with it (I hope!). Basically what I did to cut the pieces was cut a regular 4 1/4" x 5 1/5" piece of card stock. I then cut a 1 1/2" strip from the bottom, and cut that in half at 2 3/4". The remaining piece was cut into thirds, then two of the thirds where cut in random pieces. Each piece was sponged for definition. Once done, it was put back together on the river rock base, and then the images were stamped in old olive and colored with groovy guava using the blender pen. The flowers were simply stamped on the dp in chocolate chip and cut out. Brads were placed in middle and they were placed on the card with dimensionals. The sentiment, from Never Ending Joy, was stamped in chocolate chip and punched out with the key tag punch.

I usually can't let a card go without putting some sort of glitter or other accents on it, but this card does not need it! I think the Asian feel to the design lends itself to be a simplistic design. It was not easy for me to leave it alone!

Recipe
Stamps: Embrace Life, Never Ending Joy
Paper: river rock, very vanilla, groovy guava, Ginger Blossom dp
Ink: sahara sand, old olive, groovy guava, chocolate chip
Accessories: HPH brads, key tag punch, dimensionals, blender pen



This next card I did a while ago using Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday sketch challenge from a few weeks ago. You should check out her blog as well. Those sketch challenges, I find, are really helpful. For this sketch, I again used Embrace Life. I got the color combo from SCS color challenge 148 found here. We were to use barely banana, wasabi green, and blue bayou. Side note here: If I have a "card maker's block" (similar to a "writer's block"?) I usually go to the sketch challenges to get my layout, then head over to the color challenges to get my colors. I find this really helps break through the block!

Back to the card again! I stamped the barely banana base and smaller piece with the flower in blue bayou. I highlighted the flowers with my white signo gel pen. It gave it a nice soft feel and didn't look so bare. I also added some glitter to the smaller yellow piece. The head of the flower was stamped again on yellow and place on dimensionals also (after it was glittered up too!). Lots of layers make this card stand out. The leaves are from Paper Trey Ink (don't remember which set; for my class, I found some leaves from In Full Bloom to use).

Recipe
Stamps: Embrace Life
Paper: barely banana, wild wasabi, blue bayou, very vanilla
Ink: blue bayou, wild wasabi
Accessories: ticket corner punch, white signo gel peb, word window punch, dauber for sponging, dimensionals, glitter



This last card was another I did a while ago using A little Birdie Told Me set. The bird and umbrella on this card were paper pieced. For my class, I change it to using ink and a blender pen (we just did paper piecing last class). I did add the white dots with my signo white gel pen. I also grounded the bird by doing some shading. I punched a small oval from a scrap and used it as a template to sponge a "shadow" under the bird. This way, he doesn't look like he's floating in air (although birds do "float in air" don't they?). Hmmm.... The other interesting thing about this card are the raindrops. I laid some crystal effects dots and covered them with glitter. Now that I think of it, I also cased this card here. I did change it up a bit for the color challenge that week.


Recipe
Stamps: A Little Birdie Told Me
Paper: soft sky, blue bayou, real red, wwhite, blue bayou dp
Ink: blue bayou, black
Accessories: SU punches: large and small ovals and photo corner, crystal effects, glitter, stamp-a-ma-jig (for umbrella placement), brads, ribbon, dimensionals

Well, thanks for reading all this and stop by again! Feel free to leave a comment! It's always fun to read them!

"Til the next time that we say goodbye, I'll be thinking of you!"




4 comments:

Rochelle W said...

Super super cute!!!!

Michele Kovack said...

WOW! Awesome cards!!

Holly said...

Right on, Lisa! These are all great.. especially love the birdie! Your girls are lucky to have such awesome samples! We gotta talk again! :)

Peace!

craftyb said...

Hi L, again really lovely cards! The top 2 are so fresh. i also admire Nichole's work. And your little birdie is sooo cute. I'm a big fan of cute! bx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin