Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Blooms in Crazy Colors!

This was a crazy color challenge, and believe me it was a challenge! The CC154 colors to use were pumpkin pie, orchid opulence, and certainly celery. Who would have thunk it? It's sort of growing on me, but I would have changed a few things on this card. This layout is from Toy's Friday sketch challenge. I tried to stay true to the sketch, but I should have moved the big bloom up higher instead of centering it on the white cs. I probably could have used a narrower ribbon. I had one with white dots on it which would have looked good and we know dots are in! Other than that, I think it's ok. The background is stamped in Canvas, the big bloom is Friendship Blooms, which is from the Sale-a-bration catalog. You can get this for FREE with a $50 SU purchase! I stamped the flower in black and then again in pumpkin pie just for the little flower in the middle. I cut that out, put a black metal dot in the middle, and put it on the big flower with a dimensional. The sentiment is from A Little Birdie Told me, and the circle is from PTI's Borders and Corners {circles}. I used the Spellbinder's nestabilites for the scalloped rectangles and then used them again to emboss. This is a great tool! I need more shapes! The black metal dots I purchased at JoAnn's for a $1. Need more of those too! I can see a multitude of uses for them and they are self-adhesive, which is awesome! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!
Recipe
Stamps: Friendship Blooms, Canvas, A Little Birdie Told Me, PTI Borders and Corners
Paper: Certainly celery, pumpkin pie, orchid opulence, whisper white
Ink: Certainly celery, pumpkin pie, orchid opulence, black
Accessories: Nestabilities, circle punches, ribbon, black metal dots, dimensionals, dauber for sponging

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin