Monday, February 11, 2008

Shower Favors

My nephew is getting married in June. I can't believe he is a grown man. I remember him when he was just a baby...so cute with blonde hair and blue eyes! He was (and still is) such a sweet boy!

Well, anyway, his fiance's shower is in May, and I came across this idea from Judy Morrow's blog. These were from Michael's and were on sale for $16.99 for a package of 20. They can be found in the wedding aisle. It's hard to see in the picture, but I punched a real red scallop circle using the yellow Marvy scallop punch. Then I used the 1 1/4" SU punch and shimmery white paper. The stamps are from Papertrey Ink's Sweet Love set. I adhered the circles to the tin lid using a large glue dot. Sheer red ribbon went around the lid. The thank you tag was made using the word window punch. The sentiment stamp is from SU's All Holidays and the heart is also from Sweet Love. I tied it on with a piece of white thread. I may get jump rings used in jewelry making to attach the tag. I filled the jar with M & M's before decorating. Her girls are wearing red for the wedding, so I thought these would be nice. I was thinking of adding some rub-ons to a few and put only one on each table. Whoever had that jar would be able to take the centerpiece home. I was also thinking of adding white M & M's to the jar. What do you think? Leave me a comment!

I was hoping to do the TLC155 challenge today called Ink, Spray, and Smash, but it doesn't look like that will happen. I still have papers to correct and it's already almost 9:00 p.m.! It'll have to wait til tomorrow! TFL!

"Till the next time that we say goodbye, I'll be thinking of you."


Recipe
Stamps: PTI Sweet Love
Paper: real red, shimmery white
Ink: real red, black
Accessories: jars from Michael's, sheer ribbon, glue dots, M & M's, punches: word window, yellow scallop, 1 1/4" circle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just linked to your blog from No Time to Stamp... I, too, started my blog about 2 weeks ago... I thought I would stop over and see what you are up to ... Wanted to tell you I love the card that you "tufted" from the inspiration challenge... Beautiful!

Add Feedblitz to your site and I'll sign up for automatic email updates. It's easy... If you need help email me....

Happy Blogging!

KAT

www.kattoys.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin