Sunday, February 17, 2008

New Stuff!

I went to my LSS store today, Buffalo Stamps & Stuff, and got some new "stuff"! Check our Sharon's blog. Sharon is the owner and the sweetest person! The store is awesome and always filled with the latest stuff in stamping. This is a stamp by Paper Inspirations. I really like these stamps and have a couple, but I always had trouble coloring them. Well, I recently took a class at BSS on Prismacolor colored pencils and decided to try them on this. I think they worked perfectly! The key to using the Prismacolor pencils is the blender pencil. It takes away all the lines you get when coloring. This was stamped in Adirondack Pitch Black, then mounted on rose red. The dp is something else I got today...Basic Grey's new line of paper called Two Scoops. I bought a sheet of each design. The base of the card is Barely Banana. The sentiment, from A Muse, was stamped in rose red and punched out with the yellow Marvy scallop punch. I sponged rose red around the edges. This wasn't supposed to end up as a card. I was just playing. In fact, the back side of the image is an unused inside of a Valentine card that I never used! Read on about another card.

Recipe
Stamps: Paper Inspirations
Paper: Barely banana, rose red, whisper white, Basic Grey Two Scoops dp
Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black, rose red
Accessories: Prismacolor pencils, scallop punch, dimensionals


The new stuff in this card is the paper. This is Dutch Girl by Cosmo Cricket. I've always liked this paper, and decided to purchase a few pieces. I like the way this card came out, except for those velvet flowers! They really look nicer IRL! I was trying to do Beate's weekend sketch challenge, but it really didn't turn out the way I had planned. The main image is supposed to be over to the left more, but then the flowers wouldn't fit. I was going to use these pearl brads I just got, but then thought to use these flowers. I should have stuck with the pearls! Oh well, it's done and it's late.
I made this card for Cheryl Rowley. She gave me this set and I've only made one card, so I felt bad. I want to send this to her thanking her for the set. She does a lot of water coloring and is awesome at it! Check out her gallery and see what I mean. This is my feeble attempt at water coloring. I don't know if I have the wrong brush or what, but I had trouble shading and controlling the color. We'll see what advice she can give me for the next attempt! Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps: Posies for You (Anna Wight for Whipper Snapper Designs), Stem Sayings (sentiment SU)
Paper: sky blue, rose red, very vanilla, Cosmo Cricket's Dutch Girl
Ink: Rose red, wild wasabi, brocade blue, close to cocoa
Accessories: Maya Lin velvet flowers, pearls, paper piercer, dimensionals

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I absolutely love your coloring with your Prismacolor pencils. Stunning!

Jenn said...

Lisa, I just love this. I'm going to have check out these stamps the next time I'm in Sharon's! Thanks for sharing.

Elisabeth said...

The prismacolors worked beautifully on this stamp, love it!

My Paper World said...

Great colouring! Your cards are beautiful!

Jenn said...

hey, me again! ;) I got your comment, but I can't find your email addy - wanted to catch up with you! I'm at jennifer.ellefson@gmail.com. Thanks, Lisa!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin