Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Birthday Gift

Hi everyone! I didn't think I'd have anything for you until my Artful Inkables blog hop on Saturday, but I forgot about this gift I made for my friend, Maria, for her birthday. She had gotten me a Pandora bracelet for my birthday last year and got herself one as well. We've been buying charms for each other for gifts (super easy gift)! I needed something to place the charm in, so I used one of Lauren Meader's My Timeless Templates called Pack a Picnic. I actually cased this one of Lauren's, that when I saw it, my mouth just dropped and I knew I would be casing it sooner or later. I made a card a while back that gave me the reason to make this lovely gift. I used PTI's Polka Dot Basics stamped in white craft ink. I was supposed to use some decorative scissors on the green lid, but in my haste I forgot! The strawberry is from Flourishes new Strawberry set. I used PTI's ribbon to tie it all up. Here's an aerial view of it. Needless to say, the strawberries were eaten as soon as these pictures were taken! I LOVE strawberries! Here's a picture of the card with the gift box. I made this card for one of the My Time challenges and also for a Copic Creations challenge. I thought it was such a pretty gift and so did Maria! Oh, and the gift was a charm with ruby stones (not real!) which is her birthstone.

I'll be back tomorrow with an invitation for my nephews' birthday party. Thanks for stopping in today!

5 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG - Lisa - this Set is just gorgeous!!! So fun and fesh looking!!! Hint - my birthday is in October - LOL - just kidding!!!
Isn't the this Set fabulous - I love it too and you really made it look fabo!!! Hugs ~S~

Crystal said...

Wow Lisa this is BEAUTIFUL!! What a great gift!

Mary said...

This is so cute. I will be making this in the morning. I forgot about it until I saw yours.

Cheryl said...

Your gift set is gorgeous!! Love everything about it,especially the way you colored the strawberry!
(cute nephews above, too! Happy birhtday to them!)

andrea said...

hi aunt lisa! the strawberry box would have been a great idea for a teacher gift ethan gave to his teachers, since he gave them strawberries!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin