Thursday, August 27, 2009

Muchas Gracias

My best friend, Maria, was having her family over yesterday afternoon because one of her cousins was in from out of town, and she invited me to visit with them. We grew up together and her family is like my second family. They are a wonderfully crazy family and I so enjoy their company. They are Mexican-American and I thought this South of the Border card would be a nice way to thank Maria for a nice afternoon.
This South of the Border set is one of the new releases from Artful Inkables. It's full of really cute images! I stamped the armadillo (which I had to Google to see how to color him...I exaggerated his colors because amradillos are all grey and too boring!), then masked it and stamped the cactus so it appears to be behind the armadillo. I used copic markers to color the image. I sponged in the sky and clouds with cool carribean ink (retired SU in color). The sketch is cool, isn't it? It's from yesterday's sketch challenge on SCS.

I used Basic Grey's Lime Rickey dp for this because of the bright colors. The striped dp reminded me of a Mexican blanket, so I created the "fringe" on the bottom with a new EK Success icicle border punch. I really like the way this card came together...not much thinking involved. Sometimes I play for hours before I'm satisfied with the outcome of a card! Crazy!

I've slowly been getting back to my classroom this week. I moved into a new room and had lots of boxes to unpack. I'm going back today to hopefully get my bulletin boards up...it seems like it's never-ending! I have a wedding to go to tomorrow, so I'll have a wedding card to post. Thanks for stopping by today.

Recipe
Stamps: South of the Border (Artful Inkables)
Paper: PTI white and pure poppy; Lime Rickey (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, real red, yo yo yellow
Copic Markers: E21, 33, 35, 51, 53; YR23, 24; Y08, 18; G09, 28, 29; R11, 24; W-1, 3, 5, 7
Accessories: EK Success icicle border punch, nesties, dew drops, yellow and star dust stickles, dimensionals

12 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Lisa - this is a cute take on the Sketch!!! Love the colors and the image!!!

Jackie said...

I just love this! What an amazing job with this card! And lovely job with the sketch!

Tina said...

Oh my gravy, this is too cute!

Crystal said...

Oh my Lisa this is SOOO CUTE!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Totally cute image, beautifully coloured and your paper choices couldn't be more perfect! Love it!

Cheryl said...

He is so cute! I love the way you layered the images to make one larger scene! Terrific colors and coloring!
See you soon!

Shaela said...

adorable card! I'm sure your friend loved it. :)

Deborah Young said...

Totally rockin', Lisa!

Sherry Campbell said...

This is too cute. I LOVE the bright colors and I am sure you friend will appreciate it!

Holly aka Toy said...

Hey.. we had Taco Bell for dinner and now I come across this cutie! Must be a hispanic kinda night :) Love it, Lisa!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

I just love how you layered that armadillo over the cactus! Fabulous DP and coloring! :)

Kristin said...

You areally made a scene with this card, lol! Serieously, I love everything about it, great coloring, masking, color choices, and use of great papers! Its Totally a top of the liine card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin