Monday, August 3, 2009

PMS Monday Challenge and Sneak Peek Day 1

Today is a double whammy...it's our usual Monday Challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps and it's day one of our August sneak peeks. Today's challenge is a technique challenge and was chosen by yours truly. The technique is to make your own decorative paper. I made my own paper using a technique I've been wanting to try for a while....alcohol inks. Here's my card.

First of all, do you love the image? I was hoping PMS would have a fairy with a dog because I love dogs! I had to have this one to sneak for you! Her name is MeMe Fairy and she'll be available on the 7th.

Now the technique. I followed the tutorial on SCS for Alcohol Inks and let me tell you it was EASY! I used a piece of photo paper (because it's glossy) and butterscotch, lettuce, raisin, eggplant, and latte alcohol inks and silver mixative. It literally took me 5 minutes to do.

I wanted to show as much of the background as possible, so all I added were some ribbon, a paw print brad, and the word "soulmates" from the Soulmates free digi from PMS this week. You can find it here. I thought it was perfect for this fairy and her dog.

Stop by the PMS blog and see what the others have for you. If you play, post a direct link to your creation on Mr. Linky on the PMS blog. if you post to an online gallery, use the keyword PMSMC22. Thanks for stopping in today!

Recipe
Stamps: MeMe Fairy, Soulmates digi sentiment (PMS)
Paper: Neenah white, pure poppy and summer sunrise (PTI), glossy paper
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, alcohol inks (butterscotch, lettuce, raisin, eggplant, latte), silver mixative
Copic Markers: E00, 02, 15, 99; R14, 24, 27, 32; YR23, 24, 31; Y21; W-3
Accessories: ribbon, star dust stickles, paw print brad, nesties, MS flourish punch, dimensionals


8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love your card, Lisa! Way to use those alcohol inks! Your bg is bright and beautiful! Bet it's even better IRL!
Going back to make other comments now on last week's creations!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW - so sweet - Lisa!!! I still haven't tried this technique.....
but you made it look awesome!!! Hugs S~

Tina said...

Oh my goodness, the background is awesome. Love your coloring too!

Lisa Brown said...

Love your card, Lisa! That BG is awesome!

Katie Cotton said...

i love this and LOVE the sentiment! only a true doglover would pick that! :)

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Fabulous job! I haven't tried that technique yet...but it looks very cool!

Kim said...

Wow that is so gorgeous, Lisa! You always blow me away girl.

Crystal said...

Lisa this is beautiful, what a darling image and gorgeous papers!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin