Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Time to Create Sketch Challenge

Hi everyone! It's the weekend....wooohooo! And it's Saturday, so that means a My Time to Create challenge! Today we have a sketch that Lauren created for us. Here's the sketch.
I love sketches...they really help me creatively. This is one that I never would have thought of on my own. I'm not one to put things on angles and such, so it was a stretch for me, but I really like my card. I won this set at the SCS Spring Stamping event we had here in Buffalo in April. It's called
You're So Punny from There She Goes. It's illustrated by Holly McMillen (Toy on SCS). I forgot I had it until a couple of weeks ago and decided to ink it up. I stamped and colored it, but it bled over the lines, so I had to cut it out and mount it on dimensionals. I'm glad I did...it gave it some texture. The sentiment inside the spout of water is from PTI's Mailbox Greetings. Holly's set has a couple that fit in there, but I wanted a get well wish so I could send this to my niece who had her wisdom teeth taken out yesterday. I added some Star Dust stickles to the waves, the spout of water, and all around the whale to simulate splashes of water.

You should check out the My Time DT blogs and see what they have for you. They are always fabulous!

If you decide to play, and I hope you do, please use the code mytimess34 if you post to an online gallery. You can also post your direct link to Mr. Linky on Lauren's blog. And Lauren is doing something new: She will feature the top five projects on her blog next week with a link to the featured designers' blogs! It's going to be called "My Time to Shine". Another great reason to play along! You could be featured next week!

Oh, and did you see my new watermark? I just purchased six different ones from Karen Giron. They were only $2 each and she was so fast in sending them to me. Love it! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekend!

Recipe
Stamps: You're So Punny (There She Goes), Mailbox Greetings (PTI)
Paper: Neenah white, pacific point, Pacific Point and Good Morning Sunshine dp (retired SU)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black
Copic Markers: B00, 21, 34; C-5
Accessories: Ribbon, cuttlebug folder, metal dots, star dust stickles, dimensionals

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa -- TOO cute! love that little whale. Hope you have a terrific weekend!

AKiteFlier said...

Lisa this is just adorable. LOVE that whale - the papers you chose are perfect. Way to rock the challenge.

Dana Gustafson said...

It's a WHALE of a cute card lovely Lisa! I love that adorable image and it looks awesome paired with the CB bubbles embosser and the printed papers you chose.

Cheryl said...

I couldn't get into this sketch, but you made it look GREAT! Hope your niece is felling 'whale' again!

Kristin Eberline said...

Oooh...I love your card, too, Lisa :O) Such an adorable whale and the blue palette is so fresh! This would have been PERFECT for my nephew's birthday...just a swap of the sentiment :] LOL

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin