Saturday, April 14, 2012

Just Us Girls #132 - Technique Challenge

Hello friends!  I'm this week's hostess over at Just Us Girls, and it's technique week.  I chose a great, easy technique from Gina K's Stamp TV called Sponging a Layer.  You can find it here.

I followed the tutorial and made my card very similarly to the card Gina K made in the video, however I used two sets from Paper Makeup Stamps.  I started by tearing a piece of paper and taping it down so I could sponge my layer.  I sponged three distress inks:  Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, and Tea Dye.  Then I stamped the flowers and leaves from Color It:  Summer stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I colored them in with copic markers.  The sentiment is from the Faith Hope Love stamp set.  I added the ribbon which is from SU and the glittered flowers.  I also added some Star Dust Stickles to the stamped flowers.  The base of the card is More Mustard.
You can check out more beautiful cards made with this technique at these fabby blogs.

Thanks for stopping by! 
Photobucket

6 comments:

Hannelie said...

Love this technique... great card Lisa!

Lynn said...

Lisa, have to say this has been my favorite technique we've tried at JUGS. Love it, love it, love it! I love how you added glitter to your layer...this card is truly beyond gorgeous!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I'm with Lynn - LOVED this technique~ your card is a beautiful sample of it done to perfection!

Crystal said...

WOW Beautiful Lisa!!!

Dana Gustafson said...

Lisa this challenge was fun! I can see alot of fun layering simply with ink. Your card is smashing with the oranges and reds plus *glitter*. Thanks for the inspo this week!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow - that is some awesome sponging technique! What a great effect!
Thanks for visiting my blog :)
Maria

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin