Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pretty Palette #55 and Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to all my friends!  I hope you have an enjoyable day with your family and friends!
The Pretty Palette challenge this week has some bright and fun colors!  I hope you can play along!

I decided to take a different route this week and made a recipe card instead of a card.  My friend Tracy Harp does these recipe cards all the time, and I thought I would try one because I seemed to be looking for my mother's Easter recipes all over the place yesterday!  She was giving me recipes written on all types of papers that weren't organized!  That drove me crazy, so I started out easy with this chicken recipe I make quite often because of how easy it is to make! 
I started by creating the image using the Well Rounded and Well Preserved digital stamp sets from MTME.  I colored them in GIMP using the challenge colors.  Then I added the "From the Kitchen of:  Lisa" on the image.  (You can see a better picture of it below.)  I typed up the recipe in Word, cut it out, added the image and paper from Darling Dots digital paper pack and was done!  It's backed on Kraft cardstock.
 

Here is a close-up of the image.  The sentiment is from Well Preserved and I just added my name.

Maybe these colors speak to you and you'd like to join our challenge.  You can do that on the MTME blog and you can also see more inspiration from the team at the blogs below.

After writing this post, I set my table for my Easter brunch today and wanted to show you. I made some favors to adorn my table. You can see the post here of what they look like close up. But you can see them on my table here.  Nothing special, but I love setting tables!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Easter Sunday!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Lisa!! I love your receipe card!!

Romaine said...

Cute favors for the table and what a great idea for organizing your recipes! I like the way you used the round off tag with from the kitchen of!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin