Saturday, April 7, 2012

Just Us Girls #131 - Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday and Easter Eve!  Are you busy cooking and baking?  I am!  I'm hosting brunch at my home tomorrow, so there's lots of cooking, baking, and cleaning going on here!  But I did manage to get my Just Us Girls challenge card done for today!  This week is a sketch challenge created by our very talented CAS girl Andrea!  I'm so glad it was an easy one this week!
I was looking through my stamp collection for something that would fit into that circle  and also for something that I haven't used yet and found this set from My Favorite Things called Who's That Musical Girl.  I love paper piecing these girls!  I used a My Mind's Eye Lost and Found paper pack called Sunshine.  The musical note paper was perfect for my theme.   I pieced the paper, colored the rest of her with copics, and added the ribbon, die cut musical notes (also from MFT), and the sentiment.  I also distressed the edges with some tea dye distress ink.
 
The JUGs design team has some great inspiration for you.  Stop by the following blogs to see for yourself!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great Easter weekend!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Perfect with the musical bg! Great job with the sketch~

Lynn said...

Seriously...your paper piecing is amazing Lisa! Love all the happy notes...and yes I'm procrastinating...need to go get the Easter baskets put together and the sticky buns made!

Inspired Butterfly said...

I just love this! As a musical person myself, I am so inspired to create by this! Love, love it!! The colors are awesome as well!

Inspired Butterfly said...

I just love this! As a musical person myself, I am so inspired to create by this! Love, love it!! The colors are awesome as well!

Maria said...

Wonderful job!! Love that image and the background works great!

Andrea M said...

Lisa, the colors and the accents make this card an absolute STUNNER! WOW!!! What a gorgeous card, not to mention a fabulous take on the sketch!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin