Sunday, December 21, 2008

Angelic Silhouette


Every year I make a special card for my mom and my in-laws. It's always a bigger size (5.25 square) and sometimes it's difficult to fill up that space. But with this stamp (from Inkadinkadoo called Christmas Silhouettes), it wasn't difficult at all because it's so big! I bought this clear set with my MIL in mind because she loves angels. I started by stamping it in Versamark on PTI's vintage cream (the paper looks white in the picture, but it's a very creamy color) and embossing it with gold ep. I backed it with a layer of SU's brushed gold. I needed something on the left side of the card, so I used the cuttlebug swiss dots folder (this is the little narrow folder that comes with other folders in a pack). I also used my Scor-Pal to emboss a couple of lines between the image and the Swiss Dots. I first punched the snowflakes out of brushed gold, but they weren't as shiny as the image. So I took my Versamark and applied it to a piece of cream paper, then poured the gold ep over it and embossed it. Then I punched the snowflakes out of that with a Martha Stewart punch. Now they match the image and shine nicely! I also placed some yellow bling in the center of the snowflakes. For the tag, I used a cuttlebug die, stamped and embossed the sentiment and the edge of the tag with th e gold ep. I backed it with a piece of brushed gold punched with the wide oval punch. The ribbon is an RAK from Cheryl Rowley. I should mention that I went to Joan Fricker's blog, Joan's Gardens, for my inspiration for this card. She has a wonderful blog and sells some great products. In fact, I have to go there to purchase some things today! I hope you like this card...it's so much prettier in person than in this picture. I have another post after this, so please scroll down! Happy Holidays!
Recipe
Stamps: Christmas Silhouettes (Inkadinkadoo), Holiday Wishes (PTI)
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, SU Brushed Gold
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and tag die, corner rounder, wide oval punch, ribbon, gold ep, bling, MS snowflake punch, dimensionals

3 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Lisa, this is so beautiful! I love it and you have done a fantastic job. Your MIL will love it.

Joan

Cheryl said...

This is so beautiful, Lisa! A very special creation!
Just saw Cheektowaga is closed! Wow!

Wanda Cullen said...

What an elegant and classy card!! It is definitely special!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin