Monday, December 8, 2008

The "Right" Tree


Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it is all about finding the "right" tree. Anyone who has one of these animals knows what I'm talking about! Isn't this image a hoot? I was standing in line last week at AC Moore (on Black Friday) and I picked up a stamping magazine. I don't remember which one it was, maybe Rubber Stamp Madness, and I saw a card using this image and I just started to laugh! It's from a company called Eat Cake Graphics. When I got home, I googled the company and ordered the stamp pronto! I'm a dog person, so I look for any cute dog stamps and make cards to send to my friends who love dogs like I do. I colored the image with copic markers and added glitter on the trees and the falling snowflakes. I used the sketch from the SCS sketch challenge SCS202. The dp is from a Christmas pack from DCWV. It's very old, but has some great papers in it that can be used anytime. I punched the dp with SU's scallop square. The ribbon is something I picked up last year at AC Moore. There is 9 feet of ribbon on the spool, so I can make a bunch of these cards! I used Garden Green as my base and white and real red as my layers. Super easy card to make, even the coloring went fast because there's not much to color. The inside says "Fleas Navidog"! It's a stamp from Stamp La Jolla that I picked up at a stamp show a few years ago in Buffalo. Well, I hope this made you smile like it did for me! Happy Holidays and thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps: Finding the Right Tree (Eat Cake Graphics), Sentiment (Stamp La Jolla), Snowflake (Art Impressions)
Paper: Garden green, real red, white, DCWV Chirstmas Stack
Ink: Adirondack black, garden green, real red, copic markers
Accessories: SU Scallop square punch, ribbon (AC Moore), glitter, dimensionals

2 comments:

diane zechman said...

This is too cute! I ordered from Eat Cake Graphics several years ago but haven't checked out their site in a long time.

Cheryl said...

Too funny! Love this whole card! Great paper and terrific scene! Your coloring is perfect!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin