Sunday, December 7, 2008

Merry Christmas Dear Friend

***See the post below for the blog candy winner!***
Today's Featured Stamper is Anna (annascreations on SCS) and she has a great gallery. She does a lot of the brayered skies that Michelle Zindorf does. I love the look, but when I look at Michelle's tutorials, I run! They look like a lot of work! I'll just stand back and admire! I chose Anna's card Amethyst Butterfly because I really liked the monochromatic look. I don't do a lot of monochromatic cards, but they are beautiful and easy to do, I might add! I don't have the Top Note die from SU that Anna used, but my Labels 1 nestability die is very similar, so I used the largest one. I started by choosing my dp. I have a lot of last year's SU Dashing paper (I still love that one) and found this one in red and vanilla stripe on one side and vanilla and red dots on the other. The dots reminded me of snow falling and I wanted a Christmas card, so I went with this paper. The main image is from a retired SU set called Always on My Mind. I actually just bought this from Holly McMillen (aka Toy) when she was moving to Colorado from Buffalo this summer. She had a big garage sale, and I think I bought six of her sets! I really like the images in this set and it was perfect for this because it can be colored, but also can be left just one color. It's stamped in real red as is the sentiment, which is SU's Cute & Curly. It is punched with the curly label punch. The ribbon is PTI's Pure Poppy grosgrain and the half pearls are Hero Arts. I moved the pearls to the top of the card, as this is where they best fit on my card (Anna's were towards the bottom of her card). The base of the card is PTI's Vintage Cream (love that paper...so creamy-looking). The sentiment on the inside is from Holiday Wishes, also PTI. Well, that's all folks...it's back to work Monday (unless we have a snow day! Wear your pjs inside out and do the snow dance is what I tell my students to do! Excuse me while I do my jig! See you tomorrow!
Recipe
Stamps: Always on My Mind (SU retired), Cute & Curly (SU), Holiday Wishes (PTI)
Paper: PTI Vintage cream, real red, Dashing dp (SU retired)
Ink: Real red
Accessories: PTI Pure Poppy grosgrain ribbon, Labels 1 nestabilities, curly label punch, scallop border punch, Hero Arts pearls, dimensionals

SmileyCentral.com

3 comments:

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Beautiful things here! I need to stop by more often! Thank ou for visiting my blog. Nice to have some traffic. A plumber's gasket is a thickness of rubber that can be purchased at your local Lowe's/Home Depot, which works just as well with the Cuttlebug and Nestabilities as the tan polymer mat that Spellbinders sells and saves $$$. Make sure that you get the thinner of the two options. I made the mistake of getting the thicker one and cracked my first B plate. ;)

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! Love the cream with red and the pearls! Great layout, too!

LeAnne said...

Just beautiful, Lisa! I personally love monochromatic...and this is perfect!
LeAnne

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin