Monday, December 22, 2008

One Sketch ~ Three Cards



I have three cards to share with you today that follow the same sketch from Our Creative Corner. All three images were colored over the summer while I was trying to get a head start on the Christmas cards. All three of them became cards this weekend...how's that for planning ahead!?


I love snowmen and when I saw this guy at a stamping show I went to over the summer, I had to have him. The only problem is I bought this stamp unmounted and don't know where he's from! He's an orphan, I guess, that I adopted! (ETA: I just found where he originated! He's from Rubber Cottage and here is the link.) Anyway, I colored him last summer with copic markers, added some glitter to the snowflakes, and he was ready to be dressed up and mounted on a card! I used Riding Hood Red as my main color and SU's Ski Slope dp mounted on Kiwi Kiss. The red snowflake was punched with a Martha Stewart punch and I put Diamond Dust chunky glitter on it. I've seen Cheryl Rowley use it on her cards (she said she saw Anna White using it), and I realized that I had some of that from another project I did a few years ago! It's a cool look! I ran the white paper through my cuttlebug using the snowflake folder. The ribbon is Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon and the sentiment on the inside is from PTI's Holiday Wishes.
On the other two cards, I used Gina K. Designs Got Snow set. They are both colored with copic markers and SU's Pacific Point cardstock and dp and Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon. I used SU's scallop border punch on the left one and a Martha Stewart scallop border punch on the right one. The snowflake is made the same way as in the one above. I put stickles on both images. I hope these are the last cards I have to do, but I think I need two more! I'll also be posting some gifts I've made for friends at work. And speaking of work...we have another snow day today! I can get more things done! Well, have a great day and thanks for stopping by!



















3 comments:

Cheryl said...

The beautiful snowman card arrived at my house yesterday in the snowstorm! Thank you, Lisa! I love it! Love that Gina K set and how you've used it1 That is a great sketch! Cheryl
p.s. My card STILL are not done ,even with 2 snow days!

Wanda Cullen said...

Absolutely love all your winter scene cards using that fabulous layout!! I especially like the first snowman...he is just too cute!!

diane zechman said...

These are too darn cute! love 'em!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin