Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Break from Christmas...

I had to take a break from all the Christmas cards I've been making to make a birthday card for my good friend Tracy. Her birthday was last week, but she had a holiday party last night and I gave this card and the softest pair of pajamas for her gift when I went to her house yesterday. I wanted something other than green, red, or blue! I started with this set from Gina K. Designs called Retro Boutique by Rupa Shevde. Tracy was having a "retro" party with her table adorned with snacks that our parents served with they had parties at our age (so cool)! So this set fit right in with her theme for the party. Tracy is also very stylish and has a flair for dressing and decorating. I started by paper piecing this dress with SU's retired dp Uptown. I also stamped it on a piece of PTI white cardstock and ran it through the cuttlebug with a Spellbinder circle die to cut it out and emboss it. It was layered on top of a piece of Lovely Lilac cardstock that was cut and embossed with a scallop circle die. I used So Saffron as my layer on top of the PTI white base. Another piece of Uptown was layered on a piece of lilac. A Martha Stewart punch finished off the bottom of the card. The sentiment is from PTI's Simple Little Things and was punched with the large oval and layered onto a lilac piece punched with the key tag punch. I added some shine with Spica glitter pens, which I don't think shows up very well, but shines so subtly! The layout is by Frances (aka Stamp Owl) for My Favorite Things. The ribbon is from Target...quite a bargin. I got it in the wedding section. Oh, and the flowers? Last minute idea because of a black smudge on the dress! UGH! Too late to start over, so flowers and bling it had to be! I also dressed up the inside with the purse and sentiment stamp from Rupa's set and another punched lilac piece. Well I have to get going and decorate my tree. We cut it down yesterday (a tradition that my dh and dog have done for years), and I got stuck in the deep snow many times and dh had to pull me out! The area south of Buffalo (where we got our tree) has gotten socked with so much snow and it's really deep! It was a beautiful sunny day, though, with the pretty, soft snowflakes falling gently! We had fun and got a beautiful tree. I'll post a picture when it's done. Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe

Stamps: Retro Boutique (Gina K. Designs), Simple Little Things (PTI)
Paper: PTI white, lovely lilac, so saffron, Uptown dp (SU retired)
Ink: Adirondack black
Accessories: Nestabilities, MS lace punch, large oval and key tag punches, white ribbon (Target), Spica glitter pens, dimensionals, primas, bling

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Such a lovely card, Lisa! The party sounds like fun!
Funny, we were up your way on Saturday (shopping!) while you were down here! We're happy for a break from the snow! It's like two different worlds!
Have a great day! Cheryl

LeAnne said...

Love this! Wish we had some snow!
LeAnne

Anne Marie Peterson said...

What a sweet card! Love the colors!
Hugs,
Anne Marie
http://didsomeonesaystamp.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin