Thursday, December 18, 2008

Another Altered Tin

Well, today is day 2 of our Secret Angel gift exchange at work. I made another altered tin, but this one is being used as a box for the gift inside. I bought a cute holiday-themed frame for Katie because I was thinking she could put a picture of her little boy in it. I made a mini pizza box, but it was too small. I didn't have any jewelry boxes that would fit the frame either, so I took this tin from my SU felt flowers...it was the perfect size! The flowers were relocated to another smaller tin (I hope I remember that they are in that one later on)! I used SU's retired Dashing dp (still love that paper) on the top of the tin and ran some red grosgrain ribbon around the side of it. The felt snowflakes are from SU and the brad from Hobby Lobby.

Now for the actual gift. I didn't want to leave the inside of the frame empy, and I didn't have a picture of her little boy, so this is what I did. I made my own picture! I used SU's retired Thanks Snow Much set stamped in black Versafine and colored him with copics. The sentiment is from Karen Lockhart. The snowflakes were stamped with Baja Breeze. This is what it looks like on the inside...sort of like a card! I wrapped the frame in some tissue paper too.

Well, that's all for today. Please stop by tomorrow. I should have the gift for day 3 posted! Happy Holidays!
Recipe
Stamps: Thanks Snow Much, 2008 Holiday Tag Collection (PTI)
Paper: Dashing dp, white, Riding Hood Red, vanilla
Ink: Versafine black, copics, baja breeze
Accessories: Scallop and round nestabilities, red-line tape, Felt Flurries, brad (Hobby Lobby)

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Another cutie! DUH--why I never thought to use those snowflakes with something GREEN---they look super with that pretty brad!
LeAnne

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin