Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Blue Snowflake


I actually made these cards for two challenges from yesterday. The Limited Supplies Challenge (LSC199) on SCS and the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge. You can see the sketch at the bottom of this post. The card on the left is actually the second version of the sketch I did and it is more true to it. The card below is the first one I did and it didn't really follow the sketch, but did follow LSC199 and I liked both of them, so I'm posting both!



They both use PTI's Vintage Cream as the base and this shimmery, textured blue paper that I got at my LSS, Buffalo Stamps & Stuff, a long time ago. The dp is Basic Grey's Two Scoops and the colors go together fabulously! The snowflake is from SU's Snow Swirled. The sentiment on the first one is from PTI's Holiday Tag Collection set and the other sentiment is from Rubbernecker. I used two different ribbons...the first is Certainly Celery grosgrain (SU) and the other is Spring Moss grosgrain (PTI). Since this was for a limited supply challenge, I didn't add anything other than the ribbon, but I may add some sparkle to the snowflake, like some crystals or crystal stickles. Thanks for stopping by and TFL!

Recipe
Stamps: Snow Swirled (SU), Holiday Tag Collection (PTI), Rubbernecker
Paper: PTI Vintage Cream, shimmery blue textured (unknown), Two Scoops dp (Basic Grey)
Ink: Baja Breeze
Accessories: Certainly celery grosgrain ribbon (SU), Spring Moss grosgrain ribbon (PTI), Creative Memories decorative corner punch, nestabilities, Martha Stewart border punch, dimensionals


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

These are both beautiful! Your image is the perfect match for that BG paper!
Oops! I forgot-on your inlaws card, thanks for the link to my blog!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin