Sunday, December 21, 2008

Season's Greetings in Black & White


I saw this card on Sharon Johnson's blog, No Time to Stamp. She did hers as a simpler version...no dp or embellishments and I thought it was lovely. I just had to glam mine up a bit though! I used this dp I've had for a while in my stash. I got it at my LSS, Buffalo Stamps & Stuff. I was supposed to use it on a card I saw there, but never did, so I'm using it on this one. The stamp set is clear one from Inkadinkadoo called Ornate Christmas. Their stamps are so pretty...I have several of these sets and they do not disappoint! I used Versafine black ink and it left such a nice, crisp image. This is pretty simple. The base is PTI white, and I used SU's black. In the corner are 3 black glitter dots that are adhered with glue dots. I think I got these from Gina K. Designs. The sentiment on the inside is from PTI's Holiday Wishes. I think this is such a classy card and I bet it would look good in other colors as well, especially red or SU's Pacific Point blue! Hmmm, I may have to try it! Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps: Ornate Christmas (Inkadinkadoo), Holiday Wishes (PTI)
Paper: PTI white, black, dp unknown
Ink: Versafine black
Accessories: Black glitter dots, dimensionals

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

I saw these on Sharon's blog and I was undecided....but these are lovely and you have won me over on the black & white! I think it is your DP that I love! Your snowflake cards are pretty too--love those colors!
LeAnne

Joan Fricker said...

I love what you did with the Ornate Christmas Stamp. The black and white is stunning and I love the simplicity. Great job!

Joan

Cheryl said...

Another elegant card! Love the black and white! You use these images to perfection!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin