Saturday, December 4, 2010

Just Us Girls #62 - Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday! Are you done with your holiday shopping yet? I'm going today with my niece to get her gift(s) and hopefully knock some other gifts off my list! But before I go, I have my Just Us Girls card to share. Alicia came up with this really fun sketch today and I happened to make it into a Christmas card to add to my stash!
Cute sketch, huh? Papertrey Ink's new Banner Builder set was perfect for this challenge! I used SU's retired Dashing dp, real red, and old olive cardstock. I strung some baker's twine through the buttons and added some bling between the banners. The flower is Tim Holtz's paper rosette die. I cut it down a bit before putting it together to make it smaller. The sentiment is from Paper Makeup Stamps Little Moments set. I added some ferns behind the flower using a Martha Stewart punch.If you want to see more amazing samples from the Design Team, stop by the Just Us Girls blog. We have a new guest designer for December, Elise Durenberger, so I'm sure you'll have lots to drool over!

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great weekend!

Recipe
Stamps: Banner Builders (PTI), Little Moments (PMS)
Paper: Vintage cream, real red, old olive, Dashing dp (SU)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black
Accessories: Banner builder dies, rosette die (Tim Holtz), buttons, baker's twine, bling, MS fern punch
Photobucket

8 comments:

Shaela said...

LOVE this!! such a fresh, fun Christmas card :)

Elise said...

Holy FESTIVAL of paper-crafty deliciousness, LISA! This card is GLOWING from within! You've kicked out some SERIOUS divinely created paper-magic! I'm swoony and giddy and just wishing that this terrific piece could be seen hanging on MY Christmas card holder! It's EXQUISITE. That's the REAL deal! I'm BEYOND honored to be creating with you FABULOUS JUGS ladies, this month: thank you for the lovely welcome and the generosity in sharing the crazy challenge fun with me! YEE HAW!

Carma said...

What a fantastic, fun card! I LOVE that paper rosette and the polka dot paper was perfect for it!!

Andrea M said...

That rosette is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!! Your banner is so fun and the added bling is just wonderful! After seeing you card this week and Kathryn's card last week, I MUST have that MS punch! Seriously versatile!!! Lisa, I love how you stage your photos - it really is exquisite! I forgot to mention last week, but I really love your new seasonal blog banner too! Way to nail the sketch!

Monique said...

Wow this is gorgeous. Love Love the Rosette!!! I just thought I would let you know I left you a blog award on my blog..Thanks for being such an inspiration :)

Kathryn B said...

This is so beatiful Lisa! I love the patterned papers and the red and white twine on the buttons makes them look like candy! I have that rosette die too! I hope to play with it this weekend if I get a chance! (Tims 12 tags of Christmas is surely gonna put me in the poor house! Way too much stuff I just gotta have!) LOL!

Dana Gustafson said...

This is adorable! So very merry and bright! Your pinwheel is adorable! I love the way the dots paper looks folded up like that!

AKiteFlier said...

STUNNING Lisa - just love it all - yes PTI banner set was perfect for this - how fun that so many of us used it! I almost almost used this exact DP for mine then went a whole other direction but I love the traditional color combo and your striking embellishment. WELL DONE!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin