Monday, December 13, 2010

Secret Angel - Day 1

Hi everyone! Our Secret Angel gift exchange began today at work. We chose one of our co-workers out of a hat to secretly leave gifts in their mailboxes or on their desks for the next five days. I chose our assistant principal, Melissa, so you'll be seeing the cute gifts I'm leaving for her everyday on my blog this week. She hopefully doesn't know it's me (although I've become known for my boxes and cards around the school, so she may know!). This is what I left for her today.
I tend to like the container more than the gift! Inside this mini pizza box are three holiday post-it note pads. I thought they were so cute and we use them all the time at school! They fit perfectly into this box. (I have to admit I almost just wrapped them in paper and tied them with a bow, but I just couldn't!) This box takes minutes (literally) to make.
I cut a 6" x 11" piece of card stock and scored it on the short side at 1" and 5". Then turned it to the long side and scored it at 1", 5", 6", and 10". Then I just followed the rest of the instructions for the box. I cut a 3 3/4" x 3 3/4 " piece of dp (SU's retired Dashing) for the top, made this fab flower with the Tim Holtz paper rosette die, added the die cut ornament, tag (using a Spellbinder die and My Time Made Easy's Secret Santa set), and ribbon and was done! It took me all of 15 minutes to make! These are so nice for jewelry or any small gift. I just love these boxes because of the simplicity. And I'm in love with these paper rosettes! It looked so festive sitting on Melissa's desk, too! Thanks for stopping in today. I'll have my second Secret Angel gift posted tomorrow, so I hope to see you then!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is adorable.. She must have loved it. What a wonderful way to add pizazz to your gift.. Great box. I forgot about these..

Catherine Couch Doucette said...

sooooooo cute, Lisa! :0)

Cheryl said...

Love this Christmasy box! Tim's flower die on top is the perfect touch! Bet she loved it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin