Saturday, December 18, 2010

Just Us Girls - Color Challenge

Just Us Girls has a great color challenge for you today! Andrea chose a refreshing color palette for us this week....a nice respite from the traditional red and green we've all been using a lot lately! Although I still used these colors to make a Christmas card! It was a super quick one, as I had to get my Christmas cards written and in the mail! The dp is SU's retired Wintergreen, and the ribbon is PTI's Aqua Mist. It doesn't look like it matches very well in the picture, but it really does look nice in person. I made a bow using the Bow Easy and added some jingle bells. The sentiment is from Inkadinkadoo's Ornate Christmas stamped in Memento Tuxedo black. See? Super simple! Kind of hard to mail with the bells, so maybe I'll give this to one of the secretaries at work so it doesn't have to go postal!

The JUGs DT have created some beautiful cards with these colors. Stop by the JUGs blog for more inspiration and hopefully play along with us this week! We are taking next week off seeing that it's Christmas Day, but we will be back on New Year's Day with a sketch challenge! Enjoy your weekend!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oooo, Lisa I just love your card! The colors are lovely! That was some favorite paper of mine from SU. I think I still hae some hoarded somewhere!

Hope all is well with you!

AKiteFlier said...

Hey Lisa this is fabulous - I love the jingle bells - are you "dug out" yet? How many snow days did you use already? Hope your holidays are filled with love and laughter and hugs and smiles!!!

Shaela said...

you're right - this IS a fantastic color combo! beautiful card, I love the mini jingle bells :)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the jingle bells! I'm assuming you are NOT going to mail this??!! LOL! LOVE the papers and the ribbon, too!

Anne Tussing said...

Such a pretty card! I love the bell embellishments!

Kathryn B said...

Simply beautiful Lisa! Love those jingle bells for sure and the layout is perfect!!! I just couldn't live withouty my bow easy! If ya' only knew how long it used to take me to make that "perfect" bow before I discovered this little gadget!!!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Holiday and enjoy your Christmas break!!!

Andrea M said...

Lisa this is STUNNING! And the colors look so great as no-traditional Christmas colors! You made them shine! Loving those silver bells! Oh, that's got me humming now :) Wonderful inspiration girl!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin