Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Secret Angel - Day 3

Wow! It's day 3 of our Secret Angel gift exchange at work. I received a candle and a pretty red ornament today from my Secret Angel. Here's how I packaged up my gift for my Secret Angel.I just purchased this paper pack, called The Homemade Christmas Stack from DCWV, on sale at JoAnn's yesterday. It's very county-ish, but I just fell in love with the colors and the paper is a heavier weight, perfect for templates. The design of this particular paper was perfect for this box from My Time Made Easy called Wonderfully Wrapped. The dp looks like pieces of fabric are stitched together, making it look like real fabric! This box takes a different twist on the traditional gable box. The sides are like wings that "wrap" around the sides. I've held them together with a pretty red brad. To give it more interest, I wrapped a red ribbon around the box and added some gold and green bells to the bow. The tag was cut with a Cuttlebug tag. The sentiment is actually two separate sentiments from the Secret Santa set from MTME. I stamped them in Riding Hood Red and Garden Green inks. Can you see the faux stitching on the dp? It looks so real!

Oh! I bet you are wondering what's inside the box! I almost forgot. It's a door hanger that's sort of like a pillow in the shape of a snowman's face. Too cute! I thought it would look good on Melissa's door (she's our assistant principal).

I have two more to share this week, so please stop by for those! Thanks for stopping in! I hope you are busy little elves!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love this festive box! I thought you had been doing some hand stitching, it looks so real! Sounds like a great gift, too!

(Loved having yesterday off! Got a number of things done, but it's never enough!)

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Completely adorable, Lisa. That faux stitching is truly amazing and the paper is so warm and homey. Love it! Your gift sounds just as adorable as your package. Hugs and Merry Christmas.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin