Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Paper Makeup Stamps December Fan Blog Hop

Hi everyone! Today is our Paper Makeup Stamps monthly blog hop, but since we don't have a release this month (we are changing to releases every other month), we are having a special hop which includes fans of Paper Makeup Stamps! There are a lot of chances to win some PMS products with this hop! You can find all that information on the PMS blog. PMS is also having a fabulous sale (which includes free shipping)! You can find that information on the PMS blog.

If you've come here from Stephanie's blog, you are on the right track. If not, start at the PMS blog, get all the fun information, and start hopping!

The theme for this hop is winter or holiday. I've got two cards to share with you on this hop. The first one uses new stamps from our November release.I LOVE Christmas cut-out cookies with the anise flavoring, so this card made me chuckle! The gingerbread man is from the Christmas Cheer set, and the sentiment is a single one found here. I used the Mojo Monday sketch and some fab dp from Jillibean called Christmas Chestnut Soup. The poor gingerbread man is paper pieced with kraft paper. I added the white accents with a white jel pen.

I wasn't as satisfied with this card as I had thought I would be, so I decided to make another. I changed the stamps, used the same papers and ribbon, but changed the layout. This is my second try. I used one of my favorite stamps sets ever from PMS, Snow Happy. The image is colored with copic markers. The sentiment was stamped on the back side of my snowflake dp, then cut with a Spellbinder's tag. The ribbon was just knotted and the tag attached with some twine. I also sponged some Ranger white pigment ink around the tag and the dp to soften the edges a bit. I added some Star Dust stickles for some sparklely snow.

Your next stop on our hop is one of our fans, Lindsy Harness. Please show her some love and continue hopping! There's a possible prize for commenting on all the blogs! I've included a list and link to all the blog hop participants in case you get lost!

Thanks for stopping and hopping with me today! Have a great week!



Photobucket

23 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh WOW Lisa sooooooo CUTE!!!

dawnmercedes said...

WEll, now you have a darling pair!! Love the color combo that you used. Merry Christmas!

Michelle VP said...

LOL, that gingerbread card is too funny! Never thought to pair that sentiment with him. :) Snow Happy is one of my favorite PMS sets too. Your snowman card is delightful with that knotted bow and glitter brads. :)

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

LOL! That sentiment works perfectly with the gingerbread man and there is NOTHING wrong with that card! But both cards are gorgeous!

Christi said...

awww, these are both so sweet. Your design choices...all of them...are absolutely PERFECT! LOVE them!

Katie Cotton said...

oh i love love love both of these!!!! The color combo is really fabulous!

LeAnne said...

These are adorable....but the snowman is my FAVORITEEEEE!!!!!

Tina said...

Both cards are just fabulous!

Carma said...

Love them both. The gingerbread man makes me smile and I love that striped ribbon!

Danni said...

Such great cards, that first one made me smile!! :-)

Shaela said...

wow, these are so fun!! love the color combo, I'm going to have to remember it. :)

angelafsprouse said...

How cute!! These are absolutely adorable :).

FibreJunky said...

That gingerbread guy still cracks me up. Totally love both cards. The colours are gorgeous - so beautiful and antique-y.

Cheryl said...

Ooo, I love both of your cards! Love the krafty snowman and the red and white on the rest of the card. I am also VERY partial to that snowman!!
(Our snowday was yesterday-not the day I planned when Dave called with the good news!
Brand new furnace quit working, too much snow to move so I didn't get done what I thought I would! What else is new?) More coming!

Unknown said...

Lovely cards... great color combos.

Kathryn B said...

Love these beautiful cards! The browns and reds are so perfect together and they compliment the images perfectly!

Stephanie Zito said...

Oh Lisa!!! They are both incredibly beautiful! I Love them both! You have such an eye for picking the most beautiful dp and embellies!

Kristie W. said...

Fun cards, I love the kraft/red combo!!

Jami said...

these are both gorgeous!! I just love the red and white with kraft!

Andrea said...

Think I like the snowman one the best...just love that little guy! Great minds must think alike since I used the same snowflake paper! Love the kraft and red together!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such sweet cards. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Lillian Child said...

Your holiday cards are so sweet - LOVE that you used kraft paper! Thanks so much for sharing with us and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you and yours!

http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

two fabulous cards. Glad you weren't "happy" with the first one cause the second one is AMAZING! I wouldn't think to use those colors with the snowman and I LOVE IT!!! TFS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin